Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rotovibed

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Mudfuzz, Mar 23, 2005.

1. Mudfuzz

Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    WA...
    I just got a Rotovibe in trade for some old distortion boxes today.
    And man what a cool pedal; the vibrato just enough to to add depth but not over the top like my tremolo. And the chorus, WOW, this is the chorus I've been after for years, thick, wet and warm with a hint of grit. Plus you can "wah" the speed rate, mega funky. :bassist:

2. I once saw one on Guitar Center's clearance table, marked down from $290 or something to $55- & I passed. DOH! I had not heard one at the time, but later checked out samples on the company's website, much to my dismay...
    Cool pedal- does it work good on bass?

3. Mudfuzz

Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    WA...
    Yes, it does but the chorus comes through a bit more with a bass then the vibe, but the vibe is still very usable. The real cool thing is it even sounds good with Flatwounds.

I have rehearsal tonight, so will I see how it sits in a band situation and report back.

4. Mudfuzz

Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    WA...
    Ok, well the vibe actually is more intense in a band setting, and the chorus on my main bass [with has old flats on it] makes it sound like a organ [left hand or pedals] through a Leslie, but this is what the pedal is made to sound like v.s. a normal chorus; this a pedal you REALLY have to play through before you can buy the thing,.

And most important, to quote my drummer "it doesn't lose the basses and get all wimpy".

I tried it later with my jazz [with roundwounds] for some slap, and it is really neat for old school funk.

tplyons I'll see what I can do about getting a "SOUNDCLIP", but it'll be a few days.

Cheers, Aaron N

5. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    cool. thanks for the review. i have been considering getting one since i play guitar and bass, i could probably get a lot of use out of it.