Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rouge 304 Accoustic / Electric Mini Review. ( or what gimps do with thier time )

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by OhJustMe, Jun 29, 2001.

1. OhJustMe

OhJustMe

May 15, 2000
    Ok after reading NUMEROUS posts about how good the Rouge 304 acoustic electric bass is I ordered one a week ago I just got it today.... Wrong color No biggie i wanted Natural got black. can live with that.
    From what I read, I was somewhat lead to belive that it was a Large body A/E bass,- Hmm good profile but somewhat thin.
    And i also assumed that it would have nice full rich tone.
    that could jam unamplified with Acoustic Guitars.
    hmm somewhat feeble and weak is what i find.
    another thing that no one posted was its scale.
    seems to be short scale... hmm arrrg.
    I think ill keep it for travel night practice - unamplified inspirations etc.. though I can do that on my flat wound fender jazz and hear it just fine.
    Summary: well i have not tried many but the one A/E bass that stuck out as the BEST i myself have tried was the Takimine price was like $489.00 US i belive at Guitar Center. I tried the martin there too and like the Taks sound etc.
    I may still get a Takamine wish I just saved up for it in the first place, though its quality is just too good to use for a travel instrument ( I don't mean backpacking )

Thanks for reading this Post..
    And I Feel your pain for being so bored.. heh

2. hmmmmmm. i dont know who told you that rogue was good but i disagree totally. my first bass was a rogue and so was my first amp. hated them both. bad electronics, bad wireing, bad wood, bad pickups, bad EVERYTHING. it was a very cheaply made bass but i guess that i got what i paid for ($125 for both). big mistake.

3. by the way, welcome to talkbass!!!!!!!!!!!

4. my first amp and bass was a rogue. Good for learning and nothing else. Only thing i liked about my rogue 5 string was the thin neck and the fact taht it actually played good. The pickups, wiring, and sound sucked but played good, plus the neck pretzeled.

5. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    I got the 5 string variety. I like mine, the action suits me. It's loud enough to play with a fender concord acoustic guitar... I assume not all acoustics play at the same level. It sounds really punchy, when amplified. For the price, I give mine a B+. :)