1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Rouge Basses, opinions please.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ChaosGwar, Dec 14, 2001.

1. I have been wanting to get a 5 string for months now, but I just cant afford one. My wife found a rouge 5 string that someone is selling for $135 used, but in excellent condition.
    I have heard some really $#!++/ things about rouge products in general. On the other hand, I have heard a few people say that they are happy with their rouges.
    What are the most common problems with rouges?
    I have a month before she buys it for my birthday, should I tell her to get me something else with the money, or risk owning a crappy bass?

2. MJB

MJB

Mar 17, 2000
    It's rogue. Rouge is makeup. :D

Save your money for something better. I think you'll be happier in the long run. JMHO.

3. Intrepid

Intrepid

Oct 15, 2001
    Probably all the good things about Rogue was for the Alembic Rogue....I haven't heard a single good thing about Rogue...go for a 5 string Ibanez...their relatively cheap....

4. progplayer

progplayer

Nov 7, 2001
    do not buy the Musician's Friend Rouge bass. If this is indeed the one you are talking about. I have heard them in a "gig" environment and it sounded sooooooo bad. Its unreliable for sure because the kid's back up had a bad input and he JUST RECEIVED IT from MF. The bass is really made poorly. I think you can even order a brand new MF Rouge bass for $130 fretless so....

There is some info about this bass on the 'net, and I hate to say this but 70% of it is negative. Just remember, you get what you pay for...

Save the money and get an Ibanez (even though I hate them but at least they are of better quality compared to the MF Rouge)

5. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    yeah.. um rogue.. i wouldn't suggest it.... hmm.. go for an ibanez... or an MTD kingston

6. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    even though I like my rogue bass, I have had bad luck with the rogue name.

a amp was shipped to me with no packing material. Of course the amp didn't work.

A hardshell case was more than an inch too short for the bass it was designed to hold...

I would get a different brand too. I suggest Squier.

7. What is a decent 5 string bass around the $200 price range? I could save a little more and maybe go for $300.
    If you could be so kind as to send me some ideas on what I could get, I would appreciate it.
    Thanks