Rouge Basses, opinions please.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ChaosGwar, Dec 14, 2001.

1. I have been wanting to get a 5 string for months now, but I just cant afford one. My wife found a rouge 5 string that someone is selling for $135 used, but in excellent condition.
    I have heard some really $#!++/ things about rouge products in general. On the other hand, I have heard a few people say that they are happy with their rouges.
    What are the most common problems with rouges?
    I have a month before she buys it for my birthday, should I tell her to get me something else with the money, or risk owning a crappy bass?
  2. MJB

Mar 17, 2000
    It's rogue. Rouge is makeup. :D

Save your money for something better. I think you'll be happier in the long run. JMHO.
  3. Intrepid

Oct 15, 2001
    Probably all the good things about Rogue was for the Alembic Rogue....I haven't heard a single good thing about Rogue...go for a 5 string Ibanez...their relatively cheap....
  4. progplayer

Nov 7, 2001
    do not buy the Musician's Friend Rouge bass. If this is indeed the one you are talking about. I have heard them in a "gig" environment and it sounded sooooooo bad. Its unreliable for sure because the kid's back up had a bad input and he JUST RECEIVED IT from MF. The bass is really made poorly. I think you can even order a brand new MF Rouge bass for $130 fretless so....

There is some info about this bass on the 'net, and I hate to say this but 70% of it is negative. Just remember, you get what you pay for...

Save the money and get an Ibanez (even though I hate them but at least they are of better quality compared to the MF Rouge)
  5. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    yeah.. um rogue.. i wouldn't suggest it.... hmm.. go for an ibanez... or an MTD kingston
  6. Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Woodland Hills, CA
    even though I like my rogue bass, I have had bad luck with the rogue name.

a amp was shipped to me with no packing material. Of course the amp didn't work.

A hardshell case was more than an inch too short for the bass it was designed to hold...

I would get a different brand too. I suggest Squier.
  7. What is a decent 5 string bass around the $200 price range? I could save a little more and maybe go for $300.
    If you could be so kind as to send me some ideas on what I could get, I would appreciate it.