1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

rouge P/J style, wanna change them

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by MarztekMilita, Apr 5, 2005.

1. MarztekMilita

MarztekMilita

Feb 10, 2005
    Pinole
    hi. im pretty new to pick-ups. i have a rouge LX00LH with a split P p-up in the middle, and a J at the bridge. there stock and the tone is good but i want a more P-bass sound to it. so if anyone can help, that would be much appriciated
    thanks!
    :bassist:

2. sotua

sotua

Sep 20, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Try that :)

It sure made a difference over the el cheapo stock yamaha pickups in my RBX170.

3. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW:

I've got a model P in the wings waiting for a test after I finish with a Bongo. The best P tone I've got out of a P so far was probably from an active EMG and it wasn't anything to scream about but the PJ combination was decent. I've gotten a lot better P tones from some J pups - but I've had a lot more of them too. Nords seem to be the hot pups at the moment but have only had an MM 4.2 to date - which was decent. The P is reportedly good.

I've ran a half dozen or so PJ's in the Dimento PJ experiment so you might want to check through those and see if something there doesn't strike a nerve.