Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

rouge P/J style, wanna change them

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by MarztekMilita, Apr 5, 2005.

1. MarztekMilita

MarztekMilita

Feb 10, 2005
    Pinole
    hi. im pretty new to pick-ups. i have a rouge LX00LH with a split P p-up in the middle, and a J at the bridge. there stock and the tone is good but i want a more P-bass sound to it. so if anyone can help, that would be much appriciated
    thanks!
    :bassist:

2. sotua

sotua

Sep 20, 2004
    US Northeast
    Try that :)

It sure made a difference over the el cheapo stock yamaha pickups in my RBX170.

3. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW:

I've got a model P in the wings waiting for a test after I finish with a Bongo. The best P tone I've got out of a P so far was probably from an active EMG and it wasn't anything to scream about but the PJ combination was decent. I've gotten a lot better P tones from some J pups - but I've had a lot more of them too. Nords seem to be the hot pups at the moment but have only had an MM 4.2 to date - which was decent. The P is reportedly good.

I've ran a half dozen or so PJ's in the Dimento PJ experiment so you might want to check through those and see if something there doesn't strike a nerve.