Rough day at work. Be careful people!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by odie, Jan 15, 2003.

1. odie

odie Supporting Member

Today I got to see a 19 year old almost die because he was speeding(100 in a 65 mph zone). If he pulls through he'll he wont fair well. Not wearing a seat belt and ejected 45 yards from his car and out the windshield. Early this week a 5 yr, 7 yr, and there father died in a crash.

People be careful out there!!! Especially when traveling.

Looks like I wont be able to sleep again tonight:( -see the insomnia thread.
  2. Odie, what do you do for work?
  3. oh wow odie, that is rough. i always wear my seatbelt. so my kids. very strong about that, it has saved my husband a few times. very adamant about it. i hope you are okay. will be thinking about you. it is hard seeing that. take care of yourself odie.
  4. odie

odie Supporting Member

I work in the cardiac lab, we float down to the the ER. Since we're the regional Level Trauma we see this stuff way to often. Actually its St.Mary's, part of the Mayo Clinic.

Had to sit and watch for an hour until they got him to O.R. They page everyone to these kind of things and it was my 2 hour rotation thru the ER for the day. Plus I'm a First Responder so I got to see the other fatality accident on my way to Wisconsin and had to stop.
  5. odie

odie Supporting Member

Morning Dove- Im ok

It just makes me mad when people do dumb things, that in turn hurt there whole family. I wish everyone could experience these kinds of things, so they would appreciate what they have and take a second to be a little more careful.
  6. Yes Odie, it seems like people drive as if they were trying to control world population growth with their cars.

7. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    I, too, am often guilty of speeding, but that is just plain stupid. I refuse to go anywhere with my friends unless all of them are wearing thier seatbelts, too, no matter who's driving. I'm always buckled before the car is started.
    Odie--I hope this one doesn't bother you too bad. It's a shame, but hopefully this accident will cause his friends to think twice before they try the same thing.
  8. deathbunny

Jun 2, 2002
    this reminds me of a radiohead song.....

what is about a car that makes some folks just want to floor the pedal to the metal, most times with absolute disregard for life, theirs or others?

and it's bad enuf the regular folks do it, but what if the regulators of the law do it too?

i do patrol and sometimes the way my fellow colleagues operate the vehicle makes me wonder if they had just graduated from a makkinen seminar or something. imagine going at 120 on a road capped at 60 and you are weaving in and out and some folks are jay-walking.....some day it'll happen, the big red, fiery one. then it'll be too late.
  9. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Man I agree with what is being said here. People seem to drive like maniacs nowadays. I just don't understand it at all. I have seen such rudeness on the road that I just get furious at the stupidity of people. I once heard it said "You don't walk like that so why drive like that?" concerning being rude and cutting people off and jockeying for every little inch on the road. I HATE it. Oh well...
  10. moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Odie - you must see some pretty bad injuries first hand in your work?
  11. 5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    -Nods in agreement-
    I have always worn my seatbelt, but i learned the hard way not to speed. Getting busted doing 101 isn't cool. I look back at the stupidity of my actions and look forward to driving like a grandma when I get my license back in 18 days...
  12. odie

odie Supporting Member

Deathbunney probably sees a lot worse than I do. He has to deal with the families so does Dr.Mikemulcahy.

I just see it as a support person in the ER. Doing the First Responder thing I sometimes see some bad things, and its crazy because we show up with very few tools, and just wait for an ambulance or air transport. It can be frustrating.

I cant imagine talking with the families, thats got to be the rough stuff!!