1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Rough Price for my Shuker Custom...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ZenBass, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Hey there,

I wonder if you could point me in the right direction. I am currently thinking of selling a few basses in order to raise some funds to have a new custom 4 built. Both to sell are 5 strings and to be fair I havent really used them as much as my GB IV. However one of them I can sell quite easily on Ebay a Phillips bass..but I do have a Custom Shuker 5 String Elite Bolt-On made by Jon Shuker of Sheffield and I was trying to get a figure together that I could achieve and the best way in which to sell it..

Here are the Specs

5 piece laminet body Madrone Burr / Maple / Flamed Maple / Maple / Imbuya Burl
    5 Piece laminet neck Flame Maple/ Wenge/ Flmae Maple/ Wenge/ Flamed Maple (with matching electronic and battery compartments)
    Maple Fretboard with 24 Nickle Silver Frets with matching front back facings
    Shuker 18v Circuit with Bass/Mid/Mid Freq/Treble/Pan/Volume and toggle switch plus internal mid switching (5 settings)
    EMG Active Pickups (DC's)
    Gotoh GB707 Tuners
    Black Hardware with Individual Brdige
    High Gloss on body and satin finish on the neck
    Hiscox Liteflite case

A very beautiful bass that was designed between me and Jon and expertly constructed..it cost me in the region of 1900 to have it built and only has a few light scuffs on the back due to playing but nothing you can see without close inspection.

Ive enslosed a few pictures for you to look at... I dont know if anyone would be interested in buying the instruement but otherwise what do poeple think is the best way to get the best price for it...there is always ebay and most music shops havent heard of Jon Shuker so to get a good price is always going to be harder than if it were a fender, warwick, KSD or something..

Any help would be greatly apprecaited

Thank You in Adavance

3441326799_3260b7ebbb.

3441326987_3c0ff78d6e.

3442140992_dbfb693832.

3441327293_a32899175c.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mikezimmerman

mikezimmerman Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska
  3. DeanT

DeanT Send lawyers, guns and money...

You need to be a supporting member to ask these kinds of questions.

Nice bass though. I'm sure you can get some bucks for it.

4. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    If it's worth $20 to you to find out and get some input... become a supporting member by clicking on the box over there at the top left that says 'Supporting Membership'.

A Supporting Membership also allows you sell things here on Talkbass in the Classifieds Section.

5. +1

It's well worth the $20.

Even if you only ever sell 1 thing, you'll make your money back on it. :)

6. jgsbass

jgsbass

May 28, 2003
    Floral Park, NY
    Heck, I'll even go as high as $25.

How's that for rough.

+1 on the supporting membership. Where else can you get roughly 120,000 bass players to look at your bass?

7. Many apologise for posting without know I needed to be a supporting member..!!!....I havent been on here in a while and last time the sellers bit was open to all registered users..

i think I might have to become a supporting member you know....;)

8. cosmicevan

cosmicevan

Feb 1, 2003
    New York
    as for price, i too, have struggled with selling exotic european basses because they aren't as known in the states. i have a shuker artist pro that i had listed for sale. i was able to move it at just under $1,500 but the buyer (another TBer) was looking for something a bit different (the artist pro is like a rob allen on steroids) so he sent me the bass back for his cash. i had a difficult time getting a bite at that price because not many people know about shuker in the states.

i find that the best way to sell something that is unknown is to be honest about the bass and provide as much info as you can. sound clips always help too. you can aim for a price, but you'll likely have to accept that if you sell it, it will be at a bargain. as a big fan of several european instruments i've been lucky enough to get some great deals on basses that i am aware of that many aren't. if you can find a way to sell it overseas, you'll probably make up your shipping expenses/taxes in final selling price since folks over the pond know shuker and understand the value.

shukers are great basses, shame they aren't better known. i played a killer shuker jazz bass too and it was just as good (if not better) than many of the other popular JBs you see in the states.