1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Roundwound String Clearance ...

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by tjh, Jan 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
    As mentioned on another 'for sale' thread I have, part of the New Years deal with my lovely wife is to clear out all the gear/stuff that has been occupying drawers and not being used ... well, I have completely transitioned into flats, and all of the rounds that were either on my basses or on basses that I had acquired the last year were taken off and tucked away ... I hate to say it, but they were never marked, and most of what I had acquired came un-named anyhow ... if they were completely junk, I tossed them as they came off .. some I remember were actually pretty decent (if you like rounds) ... anyhow, not about to go through and check all the gauges of each, but briefly this is what I have here in case you can recognize them:

>one set black silk both ends, gold balls (may be old style 7250 Fenders that came off one of my basses??)

>one set red silk at headtock, none at ball end, gold balls

>one set of red silk both ends, smaller gold balls ( I think these may have come off of a squier that I purchased, and they may be stock Squier (??)

>one set of red silk, both ends, with large polished silver balls ... these look like real nice strings, look new

>two sets of no silk at either end, large gold balls

>two sets of no silk at either end, (D'addario/Fender ??)colored balls gold, red, black, green

... all are complete, 4 string sets that are cut for an inline Fender ... sorry, I do not know or remember number of wraps on each, but like I said, if I thought they were junk, they were tossed when they came off ... so this is 8 full sets ... lets say $1.75 a set with probably $4 towards shipping, for a total of $18 shipped

2. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
    .. just found out that USPS offices are closed today bump ...

3. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
    I just looked through this stack again, there are some decent sets in here .. remember, none would have been changed if they were flatwounds, that is the only reason they were pulled off ...

4. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
    ... changed the price to $18 SHiPPED for all eight sets ...

5. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
    8 sets @ $1.50 plus $4 to ship = $16 shipped ...

6. T-birdfan

T-birdfan

Jan 29, 2001
    Ontario, Canada
    PM sent.

7. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
    ... and sold, thank you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.