1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Roundwound strings with orange wraps?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by RattleSnack, Nov 27, 2017.

1. RattleSnack

RattleSnack Supporting Member

Sep 22, 2011
    Europe
    Does anyone know who makes roundwound strings with orange wraps at both ends? They sound like nickel to me. Got them some time ago on a used bass guitar I traded for, and the are aging lovely - no clang or zing, just bright and warm.

2. How orange is the orange? Any chance of posting pics?
    Can you also measure the length from the ball end to where the silk starts at the tuner end on the E string?

3. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    The only strings I can think of with orange silks at both ends are the labella white tapes but those obviously can't be it.

4. RattleSnack

Sep 22, 2011
    Europe
    Here are pics:

20171127_211907. 20171127_211852.

5. Thanks for the pics.

One question... It's hard to tell by looking at the pic, but are those ball ends brass-colored or chrome-colored?

I also find it interesting how the silked ends are staggered according the positioning of the tuning posts.

Sorry, I don't have an answer for you, but maybe @SLaPiNFuNK might?

6. RattleSnack

Sep 22, 2011
    Europe
    Ball ends are chrome. Thanks for looking!

I am thinking, these strings must be inexpensive, judging by the cost of the bass guitar they were on.

7. SLaPiNFuNK

SLaPiNFuNK Commercial User

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    The Brains: FretNation.com
    The only time I have seen "sets" of strings where the silks are staggered like that is with strings made specifically for the manufacturer... Usually to overseas factories...

No idea who they could be from I'm afraid...

The only rounds I can think of with orange silk were SuperRounds from Dean Markley (discountinued some time ago), but I do not recall them having the stagger silks...

8. RattleSnack

Sep 22, 2011
    Europe
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
    HaphAsSard and Arthur U. Poon like this.
  9. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    trothwell, nolezmaj and SLaPiNFuNK like this.