1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

router help please

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by JacoLesFlea, Apr 26, 2010.

1. JacoLesFlea

JacoLesFlea

Jun 16, 2006
    Minnesota
    Two desktops in the house mine which has the router connected to it and one upstairs with the wireless card in it. Mine connects just fine but the one upstairs is not connecting. Any ideas?

2. Rob Lewis

Rob Lewis

Feb 23, 2006
    London
    Has it ever worked? Have you got wireless enabled on the router? Is there an encryption key and if so is it replicated on the non-working PC? What distance is there between router & PC? Have you got MAC address filtering setup on the router? All this stuff's great when it works out-of-the-box but when it doesn't it's a PITA.

3. JacoLesFlea

JacoLesFlea

Jun 16, 2006
    Minnesota
    it had been working fine and just started acting up lastweek. the other questions I have no idea...I'm one of those point and click guys. It was installed by thecable company I should have them come out and look at it.

4. Rob Lewis

Rob Lewis

Feb 23, 2006
    London
    Is it covered by any sort of maintenance contract? If the problem lies with the PC they will probably charge you to rectify it. There are a couple of other things you could try to nail where the problem actually lies-are you using Windows XP, Vista or 7?

5. JacoLesFlea

JacoLesFlea

Jun 16, 2006
    Minnesota
    yes it is covered...I am using windows xp on both.