1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Request Row Jimmy

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by glocke1, Dec 19, 2018.

1. glocke1

glocke1

Apr 30, 2002
    PA
    I've got a pretty good grasp on a large portion of the Grateful Deads catalog, even what some would consider the more challenging stuff like Help/Slip, Estimated, etc..but this song (despite it actually being my favorite Dead song), is what I think is the most difficult song they play that they had in regular rotation.

It's coming into rotation for us, and I've been shedding on it...Bringing it here to get a second opinion on the changes Im hearing.

The biggest thing for me is that in lead/solo section every "chart" i've found thats written has three full measures of D following the Bm/A chord change. Im only hearing/counting two full measures of D following that. I've attached a PDF file of the chords with my changes in red.

Video below should start at the solo section

Its also funny how in the break someone has the chordal movement going from A-D when its clearly C#-D...unless there is some chord being played there that is an A chord with C# in the bass..

Attached Files: