Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Roxie's snow dreams

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by DigMe, Oct 8, 2005.

1. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Well, the other day we got the first hint of fall weather. Roxie the Boxer looked kinda cold when I put her out before work so I took one of her little dog beds out and put it in her house before I left so she could be warm if she wanted. That was a mistake.

My wife came home to find this:
    [​IMG]

Looks like she had a ball tearing out the stuffing of the bed and flinging it all over the yard. Please ignore my grass that I obviously haven't been watering for the last month and a half or so.

I guess all that tearing, chewing and flinging really tires a dog out:

[​IMG]

All in a day's work.

How could I be mad at a face like this:
    [​IMG]

brad cook

2. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
  3. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    What's this about a dog bed? All I can see in those photos is an incredible fence.

4. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I know...it's hard to tear your eyes away. Sometimes I still just set up a lawn chair right in front of it.

brad cook

5. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Nature. Lots of people talking about. You know what comes from nature? Onions. And God chaulked full of folic acid and magnesium and that's real good for your colon.
    -Hank Murphy

6. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    What happened to the security system that the Qintar built for you?

Obviously, it has been dismantled. Who else could dismantle the high security fence other than the Qintar?

Wouldn't you agree, Mr Qintar?

7. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    That's pretty funny Brad. Our old neighbor had a dog who would do the same thing. The poor guy would keep buying new dog beds, and the dog would just rip each one to shreds. I was home from work one day, and I watched the dog do it. I was laughing the whole time. It was almost like the dog watched the dude drive out the driveway, and then tore into the bed as soon as he was out of sight.

Cool dog too. What kind of dog is that? I am just now getting over the death of our last dog, and thinking about getting a new dog.

-Mike

8. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    She's a boxer. Beautiful and full of energy.

brad cook

9. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Nah, it's all still there...I think he stole in at the dead of night and expertly camouflaged it.

brad cook

10. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    She has never once eaten or ripped up anything inside (except for kleenexes she gets ahold of here and there) but she's always looking for stuff to chew on and play with outside. Last week a big Spongebob kickball showed up in our backyard (I guess from the neighbors) and she promptly tore it to shreds. She'll find something new to chew on and get superexcited and tear around the yard with it. It's really funny. I wish I could videotape her antics when I'm not there. She's a total clown. I've heard the same about boxers in general.

brad cook

11. I like it when the neighbor kids wander into our yard...

12. Yeah my boxer does the same thing. Anything he can get his teeth on becomes his toy. Thank God he hasnt touched my basses. Cd's, headphones, kleenex, clothes, cat poop, cat, etc etc has become his chew toy. The cat is still alive of couse, she knows how to defend herself now.

13. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    Roxie - 1
    Brad - 0

:D

One night when we were asleep, Jaco took all the fake cotton filler out of one of the couch pillows....at least he had the understanding that he should use the zipper to open the pillow case and then take out the filler. :D He's such a thoughtful doggie.

14. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Haha, excellent, how could I have missed this!

15. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    It's easy to miss such things when you're dead.

brad cook

16. Thor

17. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I'll give you 5 bucks if you can actually get the official Brad Cook smiley instituted as one of the official TB smilies. 5 bucks'll buy you a lot of zit cream.

Also, I'll take you off my "Dead-to-me" list.

brad cook

18. Thor

Five Bucks? :eek:

Y'all are pretty big spenders down there, ain't ya?

Get in line, we're still working on the :bruce:=:meh: project.

19. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Tonight we came home to another "snowy" backyard. That was kind of surprising though because we hadn't left her bed back there. It looks like the new puppy from the house behind us brought his bed over to a little hole that they've dug under the fence and passed it through to Roxie, who apparently had a ball chewing it up and flinging the stuffing everywhere, just like last time.

So..now Roxie has taken to chewing up the neighbor dog's bed too.

brad cook

20. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I am in need of a nice fence. Could you put me in touch with your fence builder?