Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Roy Basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by j-raj, Dec 21, 2004.

1. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
  2. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
  3. Rene

Rene

Mar 8, 2004
    Canada
    I am the luthier making the Roy basses.
    I have been making, repairing and fixing stringed instrument for the last 20 years here in Canada.
    There is about 20 recording bands playing one or two of my instruments. I shipped some basses in the States and the last one was in Little Rock Arkansas. They are high end basses with professional workmanship, life time warranty, exotic wood
    and top end pickups and hardware ect....
    For more information if interested visit my site to look at video and hear the actual sound of my basses at:

www.royguitars.com

René
    :bassist: :hyper: :ninja:

4. Very cool body shape and design. The body looks like a Spector meets PRS guitar shape. Looks amazing, where are you located exactly? If it's near Montreal I'd like to come take a look. Great looking basses.

5. I love the shape on that bass. That sound clip sounds great, although I'd like to hear one that wasn't so "bridge position" sounding. That "REJ5 Imbuya" is calling my name. What kind of neck profile do they have? Like flat, wide, and thin; narrow, thick, and round, etc....

edit: ok i d/l'd the video.... sounds very nice in each setting.

6. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Where in Canada are you? I'm intrigued and would love to try one of these out.

EDIT: I checked out the sound bites, and while the bass sound didn't blow me out of the water, I LOVE the tone the guitars got. Those are seriously some great sounding guitars there!

7. Rene

Rene

Mar 8, 2004
    Canada
    I am located in Québec City. The biggest musical store in Quebec City is selling my instruments.
    I started in Sudbury On. serving most of the band from all over Ontario and I have many instruments playing there.

My purpose in being part of this forum is to help and inform
    bass lovers about bass making ,customising, repairing, wiring, pickups, set up, wood combination for sound etc.. etc..
    If you have any serious questions or problems about electric bass, I will try to answer them to the best of my luthier knowledge
    To see more of my basses visit "Galery" in my web site at:

www.royguitars.com

René
    :help: :bassist: :hyper: