1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Roy Clark, RIP

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Jimruth, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Jimruth

Jimruth Supporting Member

2. dwm74

dwm74

Nov 8, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ
    Just saw that. Bummer. One of the most multi-talented musicians in our time.

Even as a hard rock/heavy metal guitarist in my younger days, I still had the utmost respect for his playing and abilities, and would try on occasion to learn some of his stuff. RIP.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
    Dr. Cheese and hs123 like this.
  3. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    Maybe the greatest guitar player to ever live.

Funky Ghost, GregC and Dr. Cheese like this.
  4. D M C

D M C Oh good god, this again? Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2015
    North America, Earth
    On the threshold of a verge on the brink.

RIP Roy.

bluesblaster likes this.
  5. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Helluva picker

6. Funky Ghost

Funky Ghost Translucently Groovy

Certainly in the conversation. I wouldn't limit him to just that though, he was a fine fiddle player as well as mandolin and banjo. If it has strings he could shred on it.

D M C likes this.
  7. bluesblaster

bluesblaster

Jan 2, 2008
    I don't know if anyone here remembers but he and Glen Campbell used to be on the Carson show and they would do a duet of sorts , one standing behind the other and just one guitar between them. Pretty fun to watch, its probably on youtube somewhere. Growing up we were often at my Grandparents house and we would always watch Hee Haw, preceded my the Lawrence Welk show. Looking back I guess its where I gained my appreciation for genuine country music. Saw some of the CMA's last night on TV and didn't recognize what is suppose to pass as "country music" sounded more like pop rock to me.

8. bluesblaster

bluesblaster

Jan 2, 2008
    one of the great American entertainer/musicians

thanks for the laughs and the great music

9. He was super talented, not my type of music but no denying his mad-skills.

He was probably the most famous person I've ever met and he could not have been nicer or more sincere to talk to for those few minutes.

10. bassdude51

bassdude51 "You never even called me by my name." Supporting Member

Nov 1, 2008
    Central Ohio
    Such talent! Played many instruments. Radiated positive and fun energy! Good-bye Roy!!!!!!!!!

11. When I was a young boy my parents used to let me stay up late when certain musicians were coming on Johnny Carson.

Roy was at the top of that list. RIP sir.