Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Roy Hargrove's RH Factor

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Jason Carota, May 21, 2003.

1. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    Just picked up the new Roy Hargrove CD "Hard Groove." This was recorded with his jazz/hip-hop/soul band called The RH Factor. After listening through the whole CD once, I must say it is one of the best discs I have purchased this year. Pino Palladino and Reggie Washington are the two main bassists, along with a special guest spot featuring Meshell Ndegeocello. The three of them lay down some very tasty grooves. Other artists on the album include Common, Erykah Badu, Steve Coleman, D'Angelo, and Q-Tip. That Hargrove guy is blowin' pretty hard throughout the CD, too.

I definately reccomend checking this one out.

2. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    Yeah, Pino's turned himself into a first call neosoul session dude. How that happen?

3. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    I picked that album up the other day too... great stuff......Kinda like M-Base light;) Pino has changed his sound these last few years, going for the P-bass with flats thing.......and he's got the groove....just great work with his use of space and note placement! I've always loved Reggie Washingtons playing with Steve Coleman too:bassist: