Roy Jones knocked out again!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by pyrohr, Sep 25, 2004.

1. pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    He can quit now! :rolleyes:
  2. Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Yeah, he needs to retire. He's better at talking than fighting now.

Kind of a shame, but everybody has a time to quit, you know?
  3. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    that was one of the most impressive knockouts ive ever seen!
  4. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    That fight was hard to watch, it was kind of pathetic if you ask me. Johnson really won't fare to well against whoever he has coming up nest, IMO. He was sloppy, slow, and didn't pack alot of power. At least he admits it though. "He's not the best, but he'll fight the best." Not your typical boxer attitude right after a win of any type. At least he'll make some real money for it. I also think that whoever fought Jones last night probably would have won, perhaps more easily than Johnson did. I didn't care for Jones' personality outside the ring so much, but he was always a very entertaining fighter to watch. End of an era. That's life. File him in with Tyson under "has-been." Boxing needs a new king... :meh:
  5. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Wow! That was hard to watch. Roy didn't even show up! Oh well, let's hope for B Hop vs. Tarver! :bassist: :hyper:
  6. ApeIsHigh81

Aug 24, 2004
    Damn I missed it (I think sub-consciencely I knew I was supposed to miss it). HBO? Man I used to look up to Jones, though he would go undefeated his whole career. You guys ever think this stuff is setup? You know, like the Mafia or someone will hand him a GREATER paycheck if he loses as the favored bet?
  7. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    That thought actually did cross my mind actually... Maybe moreso to bet against himself than any coersion from outside sources? He really did get knocked out hard enough to lose enough control of his neck to get a concussion from hitting the mat with his noggin. I think he's just had it. :scowl: Maybe he never could take a hit either... He never really got hit up too much, so we'll never know. :meh:
  8. mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    It smells like a tank fight to me. Anyone could see the puch coming a week before it landed. That was not a Roy Jones fight. He acted like he was afraid to hit the guy. In his few flurries, he nailed Johnson, then quit. He took a dive.