1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Roy Vogt Free Bass Clinic Chicago Saturday May 8

Discussion in 'Social Events and Get Togethers [BG]' started by JAUQO III-X, May 3, 2010.

1. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    CPE Sound, Music Garage Chicago and Jauqo III-X are proud to present a free class with master bassist and educator Roy Vogt!

Over his four-decade career Nashville-based Roy Vogt has recorded or performed with an amazing list of top stars including Larry Coryell,
    Gerald Veasley, Victor Wooten, Dave Weckl, Tom Scott and the LA Express, Chester Thompson, Miroslav Vitous, Glenn Campbell, BJ Thomas,
    Chet Atkins, Dickey Betts, Tony Joe White, Charlie Daniels, Jerry Reed and dozens more.

Roy attended the University of Miami Jazz program where he received a Masters in Electric Bass Performance and since 1983 Roy has held the
    bass professor chair at prestigious Belmont University in Nashville, one of the very few schools to offer a commercial music degree program
    designed to turn students into professional musicians.

He also teaches at the Nashville Bass Institute and has published a 10 DVD series called "Teach Me Bass Guitar" which won a 2009 Telly Award for excellence
    in video production and the AEGIS award for excellence in education.

"Roy Vogt is a vital force and leader in music performance and education."

~ Bass legend Victor Wooten

WHERE: 345 N Loomis Street, Chicago 60607

WHEN: Saturday May 8th @ 2pm

COST: Free

2. chicago_mike

chicago_mike

Oct 9, 2007
    Chicago - LA - Rome - Dallas
    Endorsing Artist : Genz Benz
    NICE!

3. Roy Vogt

Roy Vogt

Sep 20, 2000
    Nashville,TN
    Endorsing Artist: Kiesel, Carvin, Accuracy, Hotwire, Conklin Basses, DNA, Eden
  4. jmcgliss

jmcgliss

Apr 30, 2007
    Chicago
    Looking forward to it. I've been spreading the word among some Chicago brethren.

5. Roy Vogt

Roy Vogt

Sep 20, 2000
    Nashville,TN
    Endorsing Artist: Kiesel, Carvin, Accuracy, Hotwire, Conklin Basses, DNA, Eden
    That was a great time! Thanks to Jauqo, Jim Gifford, Bill Dickens Version 2.0 (the Slim Buddha of the Bass!) for helping, playing and generally making this a great event. Thanks to all who came by. Special kudos to Vuyani and his wife Betrand for their warm hospitality. Chicago Bass Rocks!
    I hope to be back in a few months-we'll post here for sure.

6. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    Thank you Roy. It was a blast and I'm sure lasting memories by all for many years to come.

Roy you're more than welcome to come back any time you want.