1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Royal Blood

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Nellep, Jan 31, 2020.

1. Nellep

Nellep

Oct 10, 2019
    Does anyone know how I could get close to the tone in royal blood's song 'lights out' using my zoom b1xon? I have been having trouble getting the sounds correct and would love it if someone figures it out

Thank you
    Nellep

2. Jaycephas

Jaycephas Gold Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2003
    Waxhaw, NC

These guys nail the tone.

revd likes this.
  3. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Bearded Dingwall Enthusiast Supporting Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Pretty tough to nail it with just one signal chain. You have to treat your octave up tone like it’s a guitar, run it into a guitar distortion and guitar amp sim, and then double it for that big stereo spread.

4. It’s not how he does it, but it seems to be easier cop the tone with a guitar into an octaver pedal (going an octave down) plus fuzz, vs. using a bass.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 18, 2021