Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Royksopp - 'The Understanding' (new album)

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by DaveBeny, Jul 9, 2005.

1. DaveBeny

DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    Any other Royksopp fans on Talkbass?

Their new album is out now - a strong follow-up to 'Melody AM' (one of my favourite discs of recent years). A nice mix of chill-out stuff and some more up-tempo tunes - 'Circuit Breaker' in particular is a great track.

2. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    I heard something about the vocals not being very good.

Maybe I'm mistaking with another band, still have to check out the first album.

Cool videoclips tough.

3. Syeknom

Syeknom

Oct 17, 2004
    Leuven, Belgium
    I loved their first album, and what I saw of them on TV at Glastonbury was outstanding.

4. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    I have heard one new song, it's pretty good. I liked Melody AM, maybe I'll buy the new one.

5. genderblind

genderblind

Oct 21, 2004
    Montreal
    I haven't heard the new one, but I loved the first one.
    A friend from Norway brought it over about a year before it was released in Canada. I know it did well in Europe.

6. I've actually never checked them out. Funny, because I'm pretty in to the Norwegian scene.
    And while you are, you should REALLY check out "the national bank." It's the guys from Jaga Jazzist who have composed the music, and Thomas Dybdahl sings. Some of it is the best music coming from Norway in a very long time. (Well, maybe exept Jaga, that is.) Really fresh - well arranged pop music.