Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

RSmith Joins the Sadowsky Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RSmith, Mar 10, 2005.

1. Hey all,
    I did it! I picked up MV4 number 5 of 10 from the 2004 Namm show. In the store it sounded good, but when I got it home and spent some time playing I was blown away. it's a different anmial from the basses I've owned before. A lot more tonal nuance and if you play sloppy :D it will tell on you.
    At first I was leary of spending $2000 for a bass made overseas. Then I thought about Lexus, Infinity ect.. and went ahead. Right about now I feel like I got the better end of the deal!!

2. michele

michele Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2004
    Italy
    Welcome! Pics? ;)

3. COngrats.

BTW: Porsche, Ferrari, and Lamborghini are made overseas too.

And Porsche outsources all parts except the engine.

4. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Congrads man, Sadowsky's rock. :) :bassist:

5. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    Hi!

Cool. I had NAMM #2 for a bit. Post some pics

Rob

6. mike sancho

mike sancho SANCH

Feb 10, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    Another one bites the dust! Welcome!!

7. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.
    Artist: Xotic Basses/AccuGroove

WHO CARES THAT IT IS MADE OVERSEAS!!!! IT'S STILL A FLIPPIN' SADOWSKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Well, to me anyway :smug:
    My Metro is 97% of what a NYC Sadowsky is. I've never owned a "newer" NYC (Thicker headstock/graphite in the neck) only a few "older" ones, and I'll tell ya, 2/3rds the price and 97% the bass.
    Whats the 3% you ask??!?!?!?
    A nice top, thicker headstock & graphite bars!! ;) And well, the choice of woods as well. But, most Dowsky's I've seen are the standard ash, alder with rosewood or maple. And a pretty top too.
    I don't see most Sadowsky owners running to dump their older Sadowskys to get the newer neck either. The Metro neck is basicly the "older" neck.
    Cograts on the new bass, it only gets better.
    Gig with it yet???? You'll love it even more when you do.

Oh yeah.......welcome to the club!!!!!

8. I'll post pics later as my wife has the camara. I can't wait to gig with it but I got about a week to go..So, now what do I do with all the time I used to scan the internet, research, trade, shop, try, buy, evaluate, sell basses? I should probably go practice now!

9. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Congrats, I'm the proud owner of Namm 3 of 10 RV5. So mines a better # then yours......... Just kidding, and I'm sure you'll enjoy!

10. thewanderer24

thewanderer24

Apr 29, 2002
    SJ, CA
    As I was told a couple weeks ago, it doesn't exist until you post the pics.

Congrats man. I am still absolutely LOVING my NYC P/J a month into ownership.