RSX,WRX,or Celica

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by turkish, Feb 23, 2003.

1. Acura RSX

7 vote(s)
  2. Toyota Celica

5 vote(s)
  3. Subaru WRX

17 vote(s)
  1. turkish

turkish Guest

Jul 14, 2002
    FCCAUSA, or here
    i'm quite enamored by the three of these, do you guys know which one is better, ie more fun to drive, moe cargo room, fuel economy etc

2. Prime Mover

Prime Mover

Feb 16, 2003
    TN, USA
    I voted for the Celica..that is one bad @ss car!
  3. way_of_opiatism

way_of_opiatism 28d, 6h, 42m, 12 seconds

Feb 5, 2003
    the wrx is the shizznittobamshnipsnapsnappy which is to say its a great all round car for fun, capacity, cost and it comes with a thick book of available mods. best bang for your buck. the rsx doesnt even compare, the celica kinda but no, the wrx smokes all of these.
  4. mcdonap

Sep 25, 2001
    I voted for the WRX because that's my favorite of the 3. It's got the most room - usable room - especially in the wagon version. It has probably the worst mileage of the 3, but that's one of the downsides to all wheel drive... Then again, the Celica and RSX aren't putting power down at all four wheels. Still, it's a very well mannered car when you want it to be, and the mileage isn't terrible.

The Celica probably gets the best mileage, and since it's a Toyota, you're not going to be able to beat the quality/reliability. I didn't feel as comfortable in it - I felt like there were too many "blind spots" behind me due to the low seating, b and c pillar location, etc. Just my opinion, though.

The Acura really doesn't do that much for me. Like the Celica, it's a low torque/high HP car, and you've got to drive the thing at very high rpm's to get that power. I prefer the Subaru's power delivery, and higher torque. Much more usable, IMO.

Depending on how much you want to spend, Subaru's bringing out the WRT STi in a few months. That's going to be a real monster!

I don't think you can make a "bad" choice between any of those cars. Good luck, and let us know what you decide on.
  5. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    WRX, I want one too.
  6. secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    True of the Celica GTS, not true of the 'regular' Celica GT. You might argue that the GTS should be assumed in a comparison to a WRX, but alas... neither one stacks up to the mighty Soobie!

There is no contest - The WRX is the ugliest and far and away the most fun to drive.

If I were forced to have a car that could haul my music gear, it would have to be a WRX wagon!

The WRX probably has the worst fuel economy of the three, but hey, it's no SUV! :D

I should know, I'm a medical doctor. I have a mansion and a yacht. (a reference to the movie, 'Slacker,' not a statement of fact.)
  7. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    What?! No Maxima?! :bag: :p
  8. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    Sorry, but the correct answer to that question (any car question, really) is S2000. :cool:
  9. BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    You're all wrong. It's MB E500.

10. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    Or even better the E55 AMG:eek:

I haven't personally driven any of the three cars, but from reading reviews and specs and whatnot I'd go with the WRX. Anybody who has ever driven it has instantly fallen in love with it. It has more room than either the celica or acura so in real life situations it is probably the most useful.
  11. FretNoMore

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    I test drove the previous version of the Subaru quite a bit, and I give it top marks for 'fun to drive'. It was however lacking so much both in exterior and interior styling and materials so I just couldn't see myself buying one.

The new one is quite a bit better though.

Edit: All just my opinion and taste, of course.
  12. secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I'll see your S2000 and raise you a Lotus Elise! :D

but I better buy some lottery tickets if THAT's gonna happen anytime soon.

In the mean time, I'll have to stick with this:

The poor man's (in a relative way) S2000, Elise, Boxster, 911...

Yeah, I've posted this pic before, but I love my widdle baby Spyduh... :oops:
  13. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    the 04 wrx is getting a facelift away from the bug's a pic of the upcoming 04 WRX STi

quite nice but you can also make the bug eyes look nice as well...

out of the three i'd probably put the wrx first (because it's the fastest by a whole lot, plus AWD, plus more room to haul gear) then the 2003 celica gts(it got a new interior, bumped the redline up to 8500 rpm, and added a shift lock out so you can't be redlining it in 3rd and drop it into 2nd and blow your engine anymore), then the rsx. the rsx is nice but caters to a different audience. it's quite a bit more floaty than its predecessor, and some people are saying that the 03 celica gts is the integra type-R's spiritual successor.

wrx wagon would be the best IMO. other cars you should take a look at are the mitsubishi EVO (doesn't compare to the wrx sti though) and the mazda RX8 - perhaps even the mazda 6. apparently they're working on an AWD mazdaspeed version, should be yummy.

good places for car stuff: <- impreza info <- their car lounge is the best all-manufacturer forum on the web
  14. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    dude...the WRX rules. i think the bugeyes are cool, too (my last motorcycle was a triumph T509, so i'm kinda partial to bugeyes)

who said lotus elise? oh dear lord....what a car
  15. FretNoMore

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    Originally posted by secretdonkey:
    I'll see your S2000 and raise you a Lotus Elise! :D

Oh yeah, that's probably one of THE driver's cars. As a slightly more practical daily driver I'll have your car or the S2000 though... :)
  16. iplaybass

iplaybass Guest

Feb 13, 2000
    Germantown, TN

I got yer fast right here... :D 5.4 seconds to 60 for $27k. Even if you don't like the looks (and I do) you can't deny the performance.
  17. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    yeah, i'll probably be picking up an off-lease bugeyed wrx after i graduate college, or a mini S, or an SVT focus...but probably the wrx :) i'm gonna go black sedan with some 17" anthracite rims and those JDM STi blackout will be the stealth bomber :)

and i WOULD be looking at the 350z if they didn't put a GIGANTIC rear strut tower brace in the rear hatch, making it useless for carrying anything besides a suitcase or some golf clubs - no way would a bass cabinet fit back there.

although supposedly they're going to make a new silvia/240sx, a smallish RWD coupe with the likely engine being the QR25DE from the sentra SE-R. i'd be real happy with that ;)
  18. secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX

19. What??:confused:

20. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc

i'm prolly gonna ditch my 2000 eclipse gs for a mini s...those cars rule :D