Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ruby Amplification gets squished

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by AnTz0r, Apr 4, 2004.

1. small boutique amp builder who greatly supported the community named Paul Ruby gets squished by some large tube relabeler named ruby tubes.

http://www.guitarnuts.com/lettertomagicparts.php

i love the US law system. too bad i dont live there....

please be so kind to send an email to magicparts if you agree with the guitarnuts owner, even if you dont know rbuby, i didnt either.

stuff like this gets me upset...

2. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    amps

3. thanks smash!

i thought it didnt belong in amps because i wasnt gonna discuss the latest aguilar with the mighty tubes or whatever, but thanks for moving it anyway, more people in amps than misc. i think :)

please more people write a mail, it takes 10 secs. but please do not use foul language or whatever, because that won't help very much.

4. I was alerted to this by my GuitarNuts subscription.

Paul Ruby is getting "Microsquashed". I sent my letter, and got a phone call from some corporate puke at MagicParts. These pricks know what they are doing is sour, and doing it because they have the money to do so.

F*uck him.

I will protest the only way I can: no more purchases of MagicParts and Ruby tubes.

5. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I wrote to PreSonus as well, as some of the pre amps come with Rubytubes. Add me to the list of people who wrote and will protest with their wallet.

edit: the DigiTube came with rubytubes when I bought one, I'll let you all know if I get a response.