1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Rudest Oveedrive pedal?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by mcblahflooper94, May 24, 2012.

1. mcblahflooper94

mcblahflooper94

Aug 31, 2011
    What is the meanest, grittiest, most growly overdrive pedal out there? Something similar to what Jimmy Page used. Something that isn't quiet at all. I was thinking something like a Danelectro D2 FAB Overdrive Pedal might give you that, just because it looks so cheap. What do you think?

2. rratajski

rratajski Commercial User

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    Builder for FUZZROCIOUS PEDALS
    Which example of Jimmy Page? Do you want low end loss so you can sound like a g****r?

3. mcblahflooper94

mcblahflooper94

Aug 31, 2011
    Well, how it just is so gritty and growly.

4. DeltaPhoenix

DeltaPhoenix Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Gainesville,FL
    MoutainKing Electronics Behemoth II.

Look up Mr.Excane's youtube videos of it.

5. sk8

sk8

May 10, 2007
    United Kingdom
    just going on names

[​IMG]

:D

6. chaosmic

chaosmic

Feb 6, 2010
    Raleigh, NC
    Without a doubt the Creepy Fingers Doomidrive. Jimmy used a Uni-Drive which is what the Doomidrive is based on. It has a 'Bottom' control that allows you run it full range. Sounds seriously mean on bass....like you're driving a cab with ripped speaker cones.

7. DeltaPhoenix

DeltaPhoenix Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Gainesville,FL
    I liked the Doomidrive. I think it sounded best running a muff type fuzz into it rather than as a standalone OD.

8. The Oxford is nasty, if you want it to be.. I love both it and the B3K:

The oxford def sounds more unkept, esp if you turn off the speaker sim(the gain is nowhere near maxed, btw):

http://soundcloud.com/grinere/audio-01-06