Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

rufio's bassist

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Duff_Man182, Dec 28, 2001.

1. Duff_Man182

Duff_Man182

Jul 28, 2001
    Miami,Fl USA
    any1 like rufio here? they're bassist is pretty good...check out songs like "still" and "road to recovery"

2. SockMonkey

SockMonkey

Oct 26, 2001
    Irvine, CA
    Rufio rocks. Their bassist has some really cool stuff.
    Still is awesome and just for melody she cries is great

3. Rufio rules, Still is their best song.

4. Duff_Man182

Duff_Man182

Jul 28, 2001
    Miami,Fl USA
    yes still does rule...i learned the song and we're gonna play it in my cover band :cool:

5. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    rufios the most talented all around punk band ive ever heard. They rock hard in my book. Their bassist ranks up their with hunter and matt freeman in my book.

6. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    i just realized i said in my book one to many times. I must have a big book, dunno.

7. Snafu

Snafu Guest

Jul 20, 2001
    Bradenton,Florida
    yeah Rufio's bassist is fantastic,he is one of the only(punk) bassist i've heard play powerchords on his bass like that,besides Fatmike and early mark hoppus

8. I'm not a big fan of Rufio. To me, I've already heard what they're playing by a bunch of other bands, and I like the other bands better, not to trash on their musical prowess, just not my thing. Personally I find a lot of underground hardcore, and a lot of bands on labels like Alternative Tentacles, to be supremely rocking. Black Kali Ma rocks my world, and I can't believe almost no one's heard of them.

9. Intrepid

Intrepid

Oct 15, 2001
    Still is good and so is she cries, but Above me is the best even though its mainly guitar. The bass player is damn good, he usually follows guitar, but every once in awhile you can hear him bust out this huge feeler....just amazing, fast as hell. Just a Memory is good too....they got alot of good songs...I like One Slowdance too....kind of a ballad....its emo after all though