1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

rumble 15 and the weird click

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Timmay045, Sep 6, 2008.

1. Timmay045

Timmay045

Jul 29, 2008
    Ok, i've got a pretty goofy amp. I bought it used for a good price, but upon playing on it, i noticed something kind of weird. Occasionally, when i play my bass, a weird click will be heard. Sounds a lot like chalk being tapped on a blackboard.
    It only seems to happen when I touch a string; i don't have to play the string to hear the sound tho. It also goes away when I turn one of my two tone knobs down. However, the bass is crappy to begin with, and without both of the tone knobs all the way up, i get this boring, flat-ass sound.

I'm not sure if it's just the amp, or a combo of the amp and one of my pick-ups, but it's annoying as hell.

help?

2. mrkreuzschlitz

mrkreuzschlitz

Jun 30, 2008
    Dacula, GA
    Its your bass.

Its a problem with grounding, you just have to be sure to keep your body grounding the bass. I might be wrong, it could be shielding, but either way its your bass. I have the same amp, just so you know, and you need to get your electronics in your bass fixed.