1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Rumble 150 deal, opinions?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Danomo, Apr 7, 2015.

1. Danomo

Danomo Guest

Apr 25, 2013
    Today I picked up a Yamaha BBT110s bass cab (10" + horn) for $105 to share with my daughters Keyboard. The amp I usually use for her keyboard is my Acoustic 260 (100w 10" reflex cab).

What a difference the yamaha cab makes with both her keyboard and my bass, but it really shows the inadequacy of the amp in both cases. Even a small 35 watt audio amp I have sounds better than the Acoustic with the keyboard.

My regular practice amp is my Bronco 40 (which I have installed a speaker out jack on to use with the Yamaha, what an improvement!), but I know now the acoustic head is ungig-able for either her or I.

When I tested the Yamaha in the shop, it was with a Rumble 500 head, I was quite impressed, and actually liked the controls and tone better than the Markbass little Mark 250 I tried with it first.

My question is: Is the Rumble 150 comparable to the 500 in tone?
    Power-wise it's well matched with the Yamaha cab (rated at 250), and the controls are similar to the 500. It's listed at a steal price (under $100), and is accepting offers. I have read the comparisons, but some time has passed since many of those threads were started.

2. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    In a word, yes. The only difference in the tone controls is in the low mids going from 400 Hz in the V2 down to 280 Hz in the V3 all other tone controls are the same. The V2 150 is also D-Class. Be advised that it is 150 watts into 4 ohms, and only 80 watts into 8.

Danomo likes this.
  3. Danomo

Danomo Guest

Apr 25, 2013
    I was aware of the power, both my Cab's are 4 ohms.
    Now I'll go check the pictures for which version it is.

Linnin likes this.
  4. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    All Rumble 150's are V2's. They were replaced by the new V3 200's.

Danomo likes this.
  5. Danomo

Danomo Guest

Apr 25, 2013
    Ah...

Linnin likes this.
  6. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Danomo likes this.
  7. Rumble 150 is a nice amp. It's a lot heavier than the newer class D amps but it still is a very nice amp, especially for the price you can get it at today.

8. Yahboy

Yahboy

May 21, 2008
    If you are prefer the tone from V3 500 Head, But you just focus in light weight combo, Rumble V3 200 combo or 500 combo is your choice.

I own few Rumble series from V1 100/210 combo to V2 75 combo(upgrade Eminence Beta 12A II) till V3 200 combo now.
    To my ear, V1 sound tiny & lack bottom; V2 with clear tone + nice bottom ; V3 like classic tone from old time, little scoop with EQ flat, but just push the lo-mid, it become thick & solid!

Another bonus from V3 over previous version is Crispy Bright button ; Much nice contour button compare to V2 scoop button; Tube-like Vintage button & Really "Dirty-Naughty" overdrive channel.

For the cheap price, i get lot feature & fun with the Rumble V3 200 combo, SOLID built , light-weight design also a bonus for easy carrier, ofcourse it LOUD & RUMBLE !!! YAP_9808up.

Attached Files:

9. Danomo

Danomo Guest

Apr 25, 2013
    Well, I picked it up today, $85 out the door.
    My first class D.

It's kind of funny when I think about the Peavey Mark III that was the same wattage I used to gig with... And took two hands to carry.

Linnin likes this.
  10. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Congratulations on a fine bargain, and a great amp! Come join us at the Fender Rumble Club! :thumbsup:

Danomo likes this.