1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Rumble 500 so Hf noisy

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Flipmuc, May 22, 2018.

1. Flipmuc

Flipmuc

May 22, 2018
    Hi there,
    First of all, I am not a native speaker, so please forgive. ..
    Happy owner of a v3 500 top + v3 4×10 cab from Germany here.
    I really love the basic sound coming out of that thing. Really great.
    BUT : this amp is so noisy when connected to cabs that are operating full range like my beloved 2×15 fender dual showman cab. The basic hf/white noise is really annoying beside the scratchy pots .
    My all tube dual showman reverb top build in 1970 puts out less hiss than this amp technical designed in 2014 ? Same issue when connected to modern cabs with the tweeter engaged
    Otherwise I really love the rumble head for its sound and the shapings and the overdrive. It comes so close to these old fender all tube heads, unbelievable! Great lightweight amps.

BTW : would have liked to post it directly to the huge rumble club, but I failed ..

Best regards from Munich/Germany

Linnin likes this.
  2. Linnin

Linnin SUSPENDED

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Welcome to TalkBass @Flipmuc! We all love Fender Rumbles here. Try again at the Fender Rumble Club thread. We would love to have you as a new member. :thumbsup:

3. Flipmuc

Flipmuc

May 22, 2018
    Thx Grandmaster
    But how do I start a new thread here .?
    Best regards

4. Linnin

Linnin SUSPENDED

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    I'm just a regular Rumble club member. Nobody special. Just click on the last page of the thread to open it up and post a reply to say hello and tells us about yourself and your Fenders. It's easy. There are some German members and also many other international members. We get along fine most of the time. Big family.