1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

Rumble V3 100 vs GK MB112 for playing out ???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Davyo, May 27, 2016.

1. Davyo

Davyo Davyo Supporting Member

Nov 26, 2008
    Las Vegas, Nv
    For my med to large gigs I use my Rumble V3 500 and for the bigger gigs I use my GK MB500 paired with my GK Neo 212 cab.

For small to med gigs with or without FOH support I'm looking at the Rumble V3 100 or the GK MB112 (I have the first generation GK MB112 but it's been dead for a while and getting it fixed would probably not be the best choice cost wise).

Other deciding factors: the Rumble is lighter, cheaper and probably more dependable than the GK MB112, but I'm guessing the the MB112 might put out more volume and punch than the Rumble.

So when I'm feeling lazy and want to travel light to a small or med gig I'm thinkin either the Rumble V3 100 or the GK MB112 ???

I've never owned the Rumble V3 100 or the second gen GK MB112 so opinions and feedback would be most welcome.

Thanks in advance.
    Cheers, Davyo
    (Helpful info: I play all BEAD setup passive basses and live on my low B, average volume 4 piece rock cover band, most of the time with FOH support, I'm not interested in the Rumble V3 200 as its the same size and weight as my Rumble V3 500,, I'm only looking at the Rumble 100 or MB112 because of their small size and weight)

2. shawshank72

shawshank72

Mar 22, 2009
    Canada
    What happened to your GK MB212?
    Personally i would go with a rumble 200.
    But another option would be a Traynor SB115.
    31lbs and 200w.
    Fantastic amp.

3. Davyo

Davyo Davyo Supporting Member

Nov 26, 2008
    Las Vegas, Nv
    Hey ShawShank,, how ya doing ?
    After I sold my GK MB212 I got the GK Neo ll 212 cab and power it with my MB500 or MB200, that's my killer rig !!!!
    I just sold my Rumble V3 200 to get something smaller.
    As far as Traynor, I've just never personally been a fan of their tone/sound, but they are great amps.
    Hope all is great with you !!!

Cheers, Davyo

4. shawshank72

shawshank72

Mar 22, 2009
    Canada
    All is good.
    Your the reason I have my GK!
    Nice setup, wish you luck searching.
    Take care.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 11, 2021