Rumblefish BH specs on their website

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by craigb, Sep 8, 2000.

1. craigb

craigb Supporting Member

From Reverend's website:

5-string with 35 inch scale, two black Reverend humbucker pickups, 3-position voicing switch (parallel, single coil, series) for each pickup, volume for each pickup, master tone control, Hipshot bridge with adjustable spacing, Hipshot Ultralite tuning keys, and wide neck (3 inch at 22nd fret). Designed with Brad Houser (Critter's Buggin, New Bohemians, Bass Player mag's 10 Young Guns To Watch) for the ultimate in versatility and performance! Comes standard with Black Pearl Pickguard on the following body colors: Sky Blue, '57 Turquoise, Nave Blue, Deep Purple, and Jet Black.

$1399.00 List
    Deluxe Reverend Gig Bag Included - No Charge

I want one! It's got the switchable humbuckers I like on my L2000, 35" scale and wide/full string spacing. Now all I need is some cash (and I really can use that ABG first).
  2. Hey Craig,
    Did you see the picture of the Brad Houser bass from the NAMM show that Dude posted? Do a search in the archives, it's in there somewhere.. it's a sweet-looking bass.
  3. craigb

craigb Supporting Member

Yep, I was drooling when I saw the picture. I was eagerly waiting to see the details on it. It's a synthesis of a lot of things I like in a bass. Unfortunately with the my current budget constraints and other gear lust ( 1) ABG, 2) more watts/square inches, 3) a five-string) it's going to be a while before I can get one barring some big windfall or some fast talking. At least now I can stop mentally debating whether I'd be happier with an L2500 or a Rumblefish 5L - I can simply lust after the BH.
  4. Yeah, the two humbucker set-up puts Reverend in the arena with the L2500 and the Roscoe Beck. My current Carl Thompson project is leaving me flat broke, but down the road I might inquire with Reverend about building a 4-string version of the Brad Houser model.

Aug 19, 2000
    EMail Joe Naylor at Reverend anytime. I did MANY times (he is a patient man!!) while he was building my Rocco guitar. He isn't opposed to doing different things. I LOVE hollow bodies.....when I asked about an F Hole, he suggested a 2 3/4" Screened Dobro sound hole!! I passed....but I should have done it!! He is a guitar playin'-guitar lovin' kinda guy. Tell him I said hello.......and I am spreading the Word!!!
  6. biscuit

Mar 6, 2000
    Virginia, USA
    The website now has a picture of the Brad Houser model. It sounds like it will be a Reverend improvement on the exellent Fender Roscoe Beck model. The 35" scale and Reverend neck shape should make this bass a real killer. I can't wait to try one.