rumblefish- straplocks?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dancehallclasher, Aug 16, 2000.

1. i've been looking into a rev. rumblefish bass, heard a lot of good things about them- but it occurred to me, i'm big on straplocks, does the hollow body make them impossible to install?
  2. Hey there..
    You can install straplocks on a Rumblefish. Someone else on this board, I think Rumblin' Man, has three 'Fish and he's done modifications to them, including straplocks.. so it can be done!
    I would encourage you to get one of these basses. I have two and I'm quite pleased with them. I played a Warrior bass on my lunch break yesterday, and these are the highest of the high end.. came away thinking I wanted one, but after jamming with my Rumblefish last night, I can't think of a good reason to replace it. It plays like butter, sounds terrific and looks cool.. what else is there?
  3. Rumblin' Man

Rumblin' Man Banned

Apr 27, 2000
    Route 66
    Dave's right, I put Schaller straplocks on my Rumblefish. The bottom button screws into the wood center block so, it's no problem. The rim at the upper horn looks like it's about 1/2 inch thick so it's strong enough to support the bass on the strap but be sure you don't strip the threads. I recommend a manual screwdriver and don't overtighten.

BTW, the count is now up to 4. :) I found one used at a stupid low price and couldn't resist. I'm thinking about pulling the J pickups and installing a P bass pickup and custom p/g in this one. Any thoughts 'bout that??

[Edited by Rumblin' Man on 08-17-2000 at 03:31 PM]
  4. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    I put them on mine also. Took all of two minutes to install. I used Schaller's on mine.
  5. Right on! You may be the most prolific Rumblefish owner in the world!
    I'd say as long as you've done the mods on all your other ones, why not do the P-bass pickup thing? I'll be interested to hear how that sounds. I'm curious to hear the new Brad Houser 5 with those two big humbuckers.. wonder if he'd make a 4 like that?
  6. Rumblin' Man

Rumblin' Man Banned

Apr 27, 2000
    Route 66
    I'm just a sucker for a good, inexpensive bass...and what a nice neck...

Dave, do you have a link to pix of the Brad Houser bass. I saw some somewhere but I can't remember where.
  7. Rumblin' Man

Rumblin' Man Banned

Apr 27, 2000
    Route 66
    Thanks for the pic link, Dave.

Looks good, ever hear one of these basses? A four might be nice.

8. Haven't heard one yet. But there's a thread down the line here called "Hey Reverend fans!" and James Ellis and Dude both said they played it and liked it a lot. I'll bet it sounds massive with those two humbuckers!

Aug 19, 2000
    If you have ANY questions about Strap-loks or anything else Reverend, EMail Joe Naylor at I just got a Rev Rocco guitar, and I Emailed Joe many times asking about woods, colors, options.......he answered EVERY one very quickly...he even let me know about the progress while mine was being made!!!
    He was very excited to tell me that Will Ray frim the Hellecasters ordered 2 Slingshot Customs from him at NAMM, and Will liked his new Amp. (3 P-90's. One in Bug-eye chrome and one in Engine-turned aluminum!!) If you remember the Naylor line of amps, that was him.