Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rumblefish vs Schecter SB-1FL

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by CrawlingEye, Mar 27, 2001.

1. Rumblefish (4 string)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Schecter SB-1FL

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    Please only post if you've played both, and can compare them.
    What do each sound like?
    What style would each be suited for best (in your opinion) and why?

Which do you feel is a better bass overall?
    (meaning what would you get)

2. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    This is just me, but the Schecter is pretty versatile. A fretless version can't be to bad. It's best suited to rock, punk and in a pinch, funk (the EMGs help). I think Dave Siff can really fill you in on the RumbleFish. I've played a couple, and their ok, but nothing to write home about. Thought Dave will beg to differ. (Of course, that's assuming it's Dave that has the Rumble Fish...)

3. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    Someone said they're like a more beefed up version of a Danelectro. (in another thread) but I don't know. My current bass is a Dano, and I love it. But I want something more beefed up. I'm interested in trying fretless stuff too.

thanks

4. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    The Scheters ive played have been absolutely nothing like Danelectros...and thats a good thing! ;)

Man, whats with the 100 threads? I don't mean to be nagging, but but can't you try basses out yourself? You're the only one who knows what you'll like.

5. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    No, schmuck! The Rumblefish is like a dano. (as far as I've heard atleast)

And the 100 posts is from me posting to other peoples questions, pretty much. Not only my own threads. And no, I don't believe there's a instrument dealer around here that carries Reverend or Schecter. So no, I can't try these perticular instruments out. And I've heard a lot about the Reverend Rumblefish, and heard a fair amount about the Schecter's also.
    I'd imagine this would be the best way to go about finding what bass I would want, wouldn't it?

Thanks.

6. phogchris

phogchris www.scarsoflife.com

May 27, 2000
    Boca Raton, FL
    That's the second or third insult I've seen you sling at Angus, he is a tad sarcatic towards you, but is it necessary?

7. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Retarded schmuck, eh? Oh well, i dont mind it. Just don't do it to other people, eh?

I'd have to say the Rumblefish is absolutely nothing like a dano! And I KNOW that because i've played both. The Rumblefish is FAR superior in every way, shape, and form.

The thing that tipped me off to the Schecter/Dano thing is that you talked about "it" being like Dano, and then say "id like to try fretless, too" as though its another perk to it being like a Dano. And since the Schecter is the fretless, the connection becomes obvious.

Just settle, eh?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.