Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rumor bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Joe Nerve, Nov 17, 2000.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    OK. There ain't a store around me yet that has the Dano Rumor bass. Anyone see or play one yet. I'm thinking of ordering one from a catalog cause for the 160 bucks it almost seems worth the cool finish & look. And I can bash it on stage if it really sucks and I won't cry for too long.

P.S. I'm famous. Bass player magazine printed a half a paragraph from one of my letters this month titled "see above".

2. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    Hey this a joke or the real thing since it's called a rumor bass? BTW which catalog is this that has one? i've never seen a rumor bass yet.

3. Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    American Musical Supply has them. I'm pretty sure Dan Electro still doesn't even have them listed on their website (haven't checked in about a week though). The Guitar Ceters here in NY keep threatening to have them coming in....

What an appropriately named bass. I wonder if it's all intentional.

4. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    Just checked the AMS site. The Rumor bass *looks* really cool. the reason for the ** is cause if it sounds bad then its a semi-expensive decoration. That bass might be a good back up though for the price. thats all

5. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    I've seen the Rumour basses here in CA. They're modeled after the old Mosrite basses. They're lightweight and comfortable, but, If I had to choose, I'd still go with an affinity P-Bass. Both the Dano and the Squier are bastardized versions of older basses, but I still think the Fender is the better bass, for less money too.

Will C.:cool:

6. B3Nut

B3Nut

Oct 28, 2000
    Central Michigan
    I played one last weekend. It isn't a bad bass, the onboard chorus sounds like a nice chorus but it doesn't seem to be very useful, but I'm not one for effects on a bass to begin with. For $150 it certainly is a nice instrument, some setup work would improve the playability. The Squier Affinity P-Bass would likely be a fatter-sounding bass.

TP

7. RETSAMPALS

RETSAMPALS

Sep 10, 2000
    ewwwwwwwwww!!!!

8. Joe Nerve

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Hey. How'd a Squire P-bass get in here. Get outa here Squire P-bass! This is about the Rumor bass!

9. RETSAMPALS

RETSAMPALS

Sep 10, 2000
    i seriously don't think it's worth it!