RUMOR : Jaco the movie auditioning bass players.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Ted Williams, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Johnny plays guitar and originally moved to hollywood to be a rockstar and ended up acting. I have never seen him playing a bass but there are photos everywhere of him playing guitar.

2. 1SHOT1HIT

1SHOT1HIT

Feb 17, 2012
    USA
    Yeah isn't him and Kieth Richards son like best friends or something along those lines?

Maybe it was him and Kieth himself. Idk but yeah he plays guitar and pretty good from what I understand.
    I'm sure he could find his way around a bass well enough to make the movie work.
    The man is a dedicated actor, very talented and I think with very little effort could be made to resemble Jaco fairly well.

It's Hollywood anythings possible.

3. Johnny was a huge stones fan growing up , keith was his idol , so they have jammed together and keith played his dad in the pirates series , well i think the 3rd movie.

He is pretty good at doing diverse roles , i think he would study it and do the man justice.

4. 1SHOT1HIT

1SHOT1HIT

Feb 17, 2012
    USA
    Hmm, coulda swore I read or watched somewhere him & kieth's son were BFF's and had been for many years.
    I'll have to Google it and see.
    And yeah I remember whatever it was I saw they were also discussing the role Richards played in the pirate series.

5. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol

6. Stu L.

Stu L.

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    3rd with a brief spot in the 4th. /Disney nerd ;)

7. NERDDDDDD:D

8. Sav'nBass

Sav'nBass

Jan 18, 2009
    Virginia Beach

I don't know about that .. Depp is pretty good... He is the one big name star that I think could actually pull it off.. he is now 12 years older than Jaco was when he died though.. but I am sure they could work that out..

9. Mike M.

Mike M.

Feb 14, 2010
    I wish I knew how to post links......Anyway, I was watching/listening to a British radio interview with Jaco on You Tube and throughout various pictures of Jaco were being shown. I'll tell ya what, there were a good couple of pic's where you could picture Johnny Depp all the way. There were two in particular that really stuck out.

Most of the greater population doesn't have a clue who Jaco was. If Johnny Depp were to do this then a lot more people would be aware of who Jaco was, just based on how world-wide of a star Depp is. Could be sort of a "Jaco mania" over night.

10. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol

Especially since Jaco looked 20 years older than he was when he died.

11. lucas vigor

lucas vigor Inactive

Sep 2, 2004
    Orange County, Ca,
    It has to be Johnny Depp. He is the one.

12. Clearly you guys did not see James Franco in Pineapple Express.

13. DrayMiles

DrayMiles

Feb 24, 2007
    East Coast
    Jeez, that was a good one! :)

14. lucas vigor

lucas vigor Inactive

Sep 2, 2004
    Orange County, Ca,
  15. Tupac

Tupac

May 5, 2011
    Brilliant!

16. 48thStreetCustom

48thStreetCustom

Nov 30, 2005
    Colorado
    They should get Benicio Del Toro to play Jaco.

17. BawanaRik

BawanaRik

Mar 6, 2012
    New Jersey
    I got that plus I can't touch his playing. Three strikes and I'm out.

18. mongo2

mongo2

Feb 17, 2008
    Da Shaw
    They can fix that in post.

19. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 19, 2021