Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rumors about Modulus

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by barroso, Nov 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    I have heard that Modulus is not taking orders. I heard that they have a quite new management but things are not going the right way. So rumors about bankrupt are starting to grow.

are you more informed?

what's the matter?

2. I dont think they will go bankrupt. They will probally get bought out by some huge company 'Fender style' ;)

Fender the past few years seem to have been buying up alot of businesses. Maybe they will go after Modulus too? :)

3. Mental Octopus

Mental Octopus

May 24, 2003
    NO!!!!

:bawl:

4. Tumbao

Tumbao

Nov 10, 2001
    FL
    :meh: I don't know about any Modulus bankrupt but this make sense if you think like a Fender Company... My vote is NO! to a possible fusion like this one.

5. Maybe they'll get bought out by Flea.

6. Modulus Quantum By Fender

7. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Well, I can tell you this much: I just placed an order for 4 basses with them last week (stock pieces for Bass Central, not personal instruments! :eek: ;) ). No mention of any delays or problems with the order. I'm pretty familiar with several of the guys at Modulus, and I haven't gotten any kind of bad vibe from them.

I'd say this is just what the title of the thread says: an unsubstianted rumor, probably based on the long lead time for a custom order (+/-6 months) from them.

8. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I can imagine there is along lead time in Italy! I can imagine dealers saying - don't bother!! ;)

9. Halftooth

Halftooth Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
    I think the new management thing happened last year sometime from what I was told. The shop I go to dropped Modulus because of how the new management handled a couple of issues. This place sold quite a few Mods too, so it must have been pretty significant whatever it was.

10. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    If they do get bought out by Fender, perhaps a Graphite P-Bass...?

11. Special Edition Jaco Quantum!

12. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Then I will rather stay with wood-necked basses...

13. rojo412

rojo412 MARK IT ZERO! Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    I have 2 words:

<b>Status Graphite</b>

I loved Modulus until I got one of these. I have respect for Modulus still. However, if they get bought out and start pumping out cheeseball, Korean junk, remember this: Status Graphite is still all handmade, sounds better, and lists about the same price.

14. Fred312b

Fred312b What if I want to play jazz precisely? Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    I agree that there is no basis for this rumor, so let's not declare them dead (or worse, Fender-ed).

15. odie

odie Supporting Member

NEWS UPDATE

Gibson is buying them out and sale should be complete by spring 2004.

16. odie

odie Supporting Member

:D

kidding.....................................

17. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    And with that...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.