1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Running a crown xti2000 in Stereo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by StereoBass, Jun 19, 2007.

1. StereoBass

StereoBass

Jun 19, 2007
    I have 2 pre amps and i wanted to try and run them stereo with the crown xti2000 using an ABY switch in the front to switch between the A/B channels or turn the switch to Y and run both channels. The crown can handle 800w at 4ohms each channel and my cabs are rated for this. Will this work or will I encounter some issues? (i.e. Overheating, Severe clipping, Power Shortage, ...) any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.:)

2. knobbin

knobbin

Jan 21, 2007
    Kingston, ON
    i run a xti 1000 and its never ever failed, they are designed to hanlde this kind of thing and all sorts of awkward ohms and conditions, they have wicked protection

3. andrewd

andrewd

Sep 5, 2003
    Are you going to be running one cab? The "Y" mode on the amp will make each input go through the mono, but I'm not sure how it operates in stereo mode. Might want to check the manual (here if you don't have yours).

Watch out if you bridge mono - when they say 2,000 watts they really mean it.

4. StereoBass

StereoBass

Jun 19, 2007
    I am using 2 cabs that can handle 800w. If I am using 2 pre amps simultaneously in stereo into the crown it will run mono?

5. andrewd

andrewd

Sep 5, 2003
    That's only if you turn on the A/B "Y" mode. If you keep each pre to a cab in stereo mode you'll get what you need.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 27, 2021