Running a guitar head into a 4x10

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jaybo, Oct 20, 2002.

1. jaybo

jaybo Guest

Sep 5, 2001
    Richmond, KY
    I'm planning on getting an Avatar 4x10 soon. I play guitar in a band right now and was just wondering if there's any chance of damaging the cab by running a guitar head into it. I don't really see any way it possibly could as my guitar head only pushes 100 watts but just figured I'd ask. Any guitar players here that regularly play through bass cabs? I've always had pretty good luck using bass amps/cabs with guitar. Certainly not the best sound you can get but it's good enough for rock n' roll and it's nice to not have to buy 2 rigs when you double up.
  2. CS

Dec 11, 1999
    I have a little guitar combo that I run through my TP 4x10 sometimes for bass use.
  3. it should work, I see no reason why it should not. and playing guitar through bass cabs can sound nice (with turned off tweeter)
  4. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Apr 2, 2001
    It couldn't do anything bad to the cab. You could blow a cheaper guitar 4x12 before you'd get close to blowing one of the Eminence Deltas in those Avatar cabs.
  5. I like to run my Marshall head into my Ampegs for some sound. And nothing has gone wrong yet.
  6. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    just turn off the horn and you'll be golden.
  7. mans0n

Jun 15, 2002
    a frind of mine plays through a triple rectofier with 1 4x12 mesa cab, and 1 4x10 hartke cab and it sounds great! with or without the 4x12 (yeh make sure you turn off the horn!)