1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Running a sansamp with a bass floor pod??

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by officialjlox, May 3, 2010.

1. I recently picked up a bass floor pod from line 6. I play in two bands both in their infancy and I needed a not too expensive multi effect board. I like the effects on the line 6, but I don't like the amp models. I haven't been Able to find a clean sound that I had perfected by running my sansamp bddi into my hartke ha4000.

I was curious to see how I can run the bddi and the line 6 together. What would be the best way to accomplish that where I can use the tube effect from the bddi and also the effects from the line 6?

2. ThunderV

ThunderV Is getting yelled at by his cat!! Supporting Member

Mar 26, 2007
    Brunswick, OH
    I would say use the the sansamp like a preamp. Bass to Floor Pod to Sansamp to return of effects loop on the amp. This will bypass the preamp section of you actual "amp".

3. Kromwarp

Kromwarp

Sep 16, 2008
    Greater Grand Rapids, Michigan
    Master Luthier: Ironclad Bass Guitars
    This, just run the POD for strictly effects and leave the 'amp modeling' to the Sansamp

4. It's tough because in order to run any effects, some form of their "amp models" needs to be used in the background. I EQ'ed it to be basically as transparent as possible, but it's still a bit noticeable.

Would the post above be the best way to run it? bass to pod to sansamp? I was originally running it the other way around, bass to sansamp to pod to return. I used to sansamp for all tone controls and volume, and just set the pod to uniform volume through all the channels.

5. moles

moles

Jan 24, 2007
    Winnipeg, MB
    This confounds me. Can you clarify how this works? Do you just mean preset patches, or can you actually NOT bypass/switch off the amp modelling?

I've got no experience with any POD stuff, but I'm curious about the details.

6. On the cheaper bass floor pod I have (the $120 one, not the $400 one) the effects are only applied in combination with one of the amp models. When you put it on bypass, it bypasses everything. Therefor, if you were in by pass, and clicked on the wah, it would also click on whatever channel it was set to previous to the bypass.

Basically what I've been doing is setting the sansamp relatively flat, (treb at 12, bass at 11, presence at 10) with the drive around 5 or 6 oclock. Then selecting the "rock" setting (svt model) on the pod and eq'ing it flat. when I switch presets to the distorted tone, I just level the volumes to be equal and don't touch the sansamp. I run it to the return effects and use the sansamp for my volume control.