1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

running a wireless with a pedal board

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by dustybottoms, Nov 27, 2006.

1. I was just thinking about this and it occurred to me that the idea is confusing. Forgive me if this has been talked about. I've done a search and found nothing.

Ok, So if you are running a pedal board, would your wireless receiver have to be housed in your board and jumped back to the amp or would you still install the wireless receive in you rack with you amp?

I'm cornfused.... please elaborate.

2. Justice

Justice

May 24, 2002
    Houston TX.
    wireless reciever sits on top of amp, 18ft cable from from reciever to effects near mic stand, another 18ft cable runs from the effects back to the amp.

3. oh duh, that makes sense. I knew it would be something simple once someone pointed it out to me. Thanks :)

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Unless you get a smaller reciever which can be mounted on your pedalboard like some Shure units and the new X-Wire are made to be mounted on your pedalboard. If not, just a wire from the reciever from the board, and from the board to the amp. That's all.

5. saxnbass

saxnbass

Mar 9, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    I have a Samson Airline right now and the receiver looks like, and is as big as a pedal, so it's on my pedal board. I've been looking at getting a Shure of Sennheiser and that would be like what Justice said.

6. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Receiver sits in PA rack. Line from receiver to head. Line from head to pedalboard, from loop out. Line from pedalboard to loop in.