Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Running a WT-800 for an extended period

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Sanctum, Oct 23, 2003.

1. I don't know why, but I feel kind of stupid asking this.

We have an out of town gig with two other bands, both bass players are friends of mine. I was going to offer them the use of my rig to save traveling hassles.

Just wondering if running the WT-800 for 4+ hours straight is a bad idea.

Thanks

2. Metal Mitch

Metal Mitch

Jul 14, 2003
    NJ
    If it is, you got ripped off! :p

Seriously. If any amp had a problem running for 4 hours every bar band using it would have a big problem. If you don't feel comfortable running it that long on a road gig, try just practicing for 4 hours straight. If it has a problem, send it out for repair.

Oh and by the way, Go Devils!!! ;)

3. Yea, thats pretty much why I felt stupid asking ... cause we often practice for 4 hours ... i'm just a worrysome type

Who cares about the eastern conference?

:D

4. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    My band plays for at least three hours twice a week and I never have a problem with mine. I run two 410xlt's through mine at it handles it fine.

ROCK ON!

5. Mine gets hammered for hours at practise too, gets mighty hot sometimes but still keeps ticking.
    Just keep an eye on the limiter - best not to keep the amp running that high for a real long time esp. if using 4ohm cabs or bridging.