Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

running an eden CXM-110 in series with a D-210XLT

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Golem II, Feb 21, 2002.

1. Golem II

Golem II

Jan 4, 2002
    Macon, GA, USA
    I need a small, lightweight practice rig or cabinet and I was thinking of buying a CXM-110 to stack on top of my 8 ohm 2x10 cab. When I don't feel like lugging around the impossibly-big-for-a-2x10 XLT, I can just take the CXM to practice.

However, I'm worried that if I chain the cabs together with a non-biamp head like the Wt-400 I could end up with less headroom, or risk giving the cxm more power than it can handle. Does anyone know if these cabs are well-matched enough that this won't become a problem? The specs say that it can handle 200 watts and has a frequency response of 36 hz to 20 khz, but I find this hard to believe since the 110t is twice the size and weight of the cxm, but has much less impressive specs.

2. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    well,

for my church service gigs, i use a WT400 with my CXM-110 with no problems. the cab's 8 ohms and the head is 4 ohms, so the head's pushin' only 200 watts, so its a perfect fit.

but if you've got the 2x10 already, i dont see the need to have to run the extra 1x10 cab. leave it at home, and leave the 2x10 at rehearsal.

3. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    The true test for how well the two will work together unfortunately is to try it. You really can't get that from manufacturer's specs, it takes experience. One way to do that is to take your D210XLT and amp to the store where the CXM is. The D210XLT is very efficient and it may work very well with the 110, the 110 could add another dimension to the XLT.