1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Running out of patience

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tafkas, Nov 4, 2018.

1. tafkas

tafkas

Nov 4, 2018
    Ordered a lefty 5 string from Schecter, and was first told I'd get it in a month, then 3 months, then 6 ... it's now 11 months. The vendor has been very nice, and has sweetened the deal with a few extras. But I clearly need an exit strategy here, and 12 months is a more than reasonable milestone for me to cancel the order.

If not Schecter, what else? I'm after an intermediate-level lefty 5 string that's versatile but with a primarily metal/punk orientation. I'm a beginner, but I want a nice instrument that I'll grow into over the years, hence the "intermediate" tag. Let's set a budget of around 800 - 1200 Australian dollars.

What would y'all suggest?

2. Wisebass

Wisebass

Jan 12, 2017
    Lost in Space
    Hi tafkas :)

Welcome to TB! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

When you can wait that long, get a Sandberg! :D (at least it will have every extra you want!)

When you can' t, buy something a shop has in stock or buy used!

greetings

may the bass be with you

Wise(b)ass

PillO likes this.
  3. What’s the availability of Sires downinder? Great value for money and versatile.

4. People rave about G&L for great sound and versatility. Yamaha BB basses in the 400 and 700 series . Yamaha all day long.

Dave Neal likes this.
  5. Larchi

Larchi

Jul 1, 2012
    Vic, Australia
    Hey welcome to TB, what state are you in?

6. tafkas

tafkas

Nov 4, 2018
    NSW, on the outskirts of Sydney

7. Larchi

Larchi

Jul 1, 2012
    Vic, Australia
    Ok - Being a lefty makes it a pain - It might be best to order in something, I recommend a lefty version of this:
    bass-guitars-ibanez-sr505-bass-5-string-1_2048x.
    A great agressive sound for pick or fingers, looks and plays great.