1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Running out of patience...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by GeneralElectric, May 11, 2010.

1. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    So I bought a bass on the TB classifieds last fall. The bass had been restored (its vintage) and when I received it the action was kinda high. I switched to flats and took it in to get set up, where they declared the new truss rod dead in the water.

I contact the seller, and arrange shipping the bass neck to him to have it fixed by the restorer. This was in December and I shipped the neck out in Jan. He takes it to get fixed at the store.

First the guy says that there is nothing wrong with the neck (the guy who restored the bass) and now its getting a new truss nut and truss rod apparently. I feel like I'm being given the runaround on this. I message the guy I got the bass from and maybe 2 weeks later I'll get a reply if I do. The 2 exchanges went:

"Hey whats the story on this neck?"

His response?

"I'm going there Saturday to pick it up and I'll message you the tracking number when I have it from my iPhone"

Two weeks go by and then nothing.

"Whats the story, I still haven't heard from you?"

"Its getting a new truss rod and nut and will be shipping soon"

Its now half way through May and I still don't have the neck. The guy hasn't answered my last 2 PMs and hasn't logged in since the 28th.

Anyone here live in Tupelo Miss?

2. ouch man. good luck. Do you have all of his information? Maybe you could file a police report and get your stuff back.

3. Stop running, start walking, it will take longer to run out.

4. stinger12345

stinger12345

Jan 24, 2009
    Hayward, CA
    that's too bad, i've never had a complaint in any of the TB transactions i've made

5. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    Got his personal email by any chance? I'm too lazy to check paypal but if you used paypal, does it have phone numbers listed? If so, call him.
    The guy's probably not happy about the neck and the deal (even though he should damn well make it good)and is likely just in no hurry. In situations like this, I've found that it usually works out but takes forever. Just have to keep on the guy's arse.

6. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Dang it!!! Dang it!!! Dang it!!! I was out that way two weeks ago. Now I am 450 miles away. Sorry bro.

-Mike

7. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    I've had a bunch unfortunately. Last 5 deals I've had where I've received something only 2 were good and as described, thanks to Brett7276 and JugbandBlues.

Last transactions?
    Traded my GK2001RB in a rack for an AguilarAG500. Aguilar arrived busted and I sent it to my tech for repair since the guy only insured it for $100. Still haven't gotten his money yet (although soon now hopefully) nor my wireless unit or powercord (left my wireless in it by accident, and he never mailed me the power cord) The amp has given me nothing but problems since I've gotten it. Probably going to leave neutral feedback on this.

Traded my 62RI Jazz to another TBer for his Jaguar. Since my bass was worth more, he offered to pick up shipping. He never paid the shipping ($100 bucks) and Fedex lost the Jaguar. I got $400 and a beat up and falling apart EHX Bass Microsynth as compensation.:meh: I'm still tempted to leave bad feedback for the guy, I haven't left him any yet.

Traded my G&L for Brett's Ibanez Musician. Flawless transaction.

Bought JugBandBlues Ibanez RoadstarII. Flawless transaction.

Got a Mesa RR215 on here which has busted casters and I lost one on the first curb. I ended up getting a hernia because of it (and my own stupidity) However the guy tried to make it right and he's a cool guy. I have a new set of casters en route and I got an apology from him.

Fortunately the number of good transactions I've had outweigh the bad. I really hesitant about getting gear since I received this bass in October and its now the middle of May and I still can't play it and have nothing to show for it.:meh:

8. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    I have his personal phone number and his work address. He hasn't answered my calls or texts (to be fair I just refound the number today)

I also know the shop where the neck supposedly is. I paid him $1600 bucks for it (most I've ever spent on an instrument) and I feel like this whole thing should've been over and done with months ago.

9. chondro776

chondro776

Mar 6, 2008
    I applaud you for seemingly keeping your cool about this.
    At this point, I would send him one more email detailing what your next step will be (cops, whatever...) and then just carry out your plan.

In times like this, I know I am prone to trying to 'out think' the situation and figure out how to motivate the other party. Unfortunately it seldom works, and only prolongs the inevitable.

Send a note, that clears your conscience and gives the guy one last chance to make it right.
    Then...carry on w/ your plan, whatever that is.

Best of luck.

10. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    Still no word... :meh:

11. Simo98

Simo98

Jun 18, 2009
    QLD, Australia
    :meh: indeed

12. ausf

ausf

Jun 24, 2008
    New York
    The problem with people like this is they erode the trust of the entire system.

I've only had positive experiences with the classifieds, granted for small stuff, but this makes me leery of anything substantial.

Just like a very negative experience with a boutique pedal designer has turned me off to trying out these small businesses.

I hope you get it resolved without much more delay.

13. You said you had the number for the shop doing the work, can you call them yourself and get some better info on what kind of state the work is in right now?

14. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    I've called them up and no answer on any of the times I've called.

This is the site:

http://www.pwogs.com/

The guy hasn't even logged on TB in a month now almost.