1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Running single input cabs parallel.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Micholas36, May 23, 2012.

1. Micholas36

Micholas36

Apr 24, 2012
    I know how to match heads with cabinets and understand that running two 8 ohm cabinets parallel will produce a 4 ohm impedance etc.

My question is, if I have an amp with a single speakon out, and two 8 ohm cabinets(identical) with one speakon and one 1/4 inch input a piece, how do I physically run them in parallel?

2. Micholas36

Micholas36

Apr 24, 2012
    also, out of curiosity, if each cab only had ONE 1/4 input and nothing else, how to run in parallel?

3. just use a 1/4 to 1/4 speaker cable run from one cab to the other and you're good to go.

Otherwise, you'd have to get a splitter cable if you've only one speaker out from your amp and your cabs have only one amp in jack.

4. wave rider

wave rider

Jan 5, 2005
    Assuming the speakon and 1/4 are wired in parallel in the cab, speakon from amp to cab "a," 1/4 from cab "a" to cab "b." Could also be 1/4 from cab "a" to speakon on cab "b" if you have one of those cables.

=wr=

5. +1

6. Micholas36

Micholas36

Apr 24, 2012
    thank you! quick and accurate responses. I love it.