1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Running SVT-2 Pro on 1 pair of tubes?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Swiss Frank, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Swiss Frank

Swiss Frank

Dec 29, 2016
    I was looking for a low-power tube amp to have fun with at home and to record with. I found a used SVT-2 Pro quite a bit cheaper than the PF-50T I was initially considering.

Most tube amps can run with just one pair of power tubes. Ampeg Japan told the dealer that the SVT-2 Pro can do this but only for short periods. Anyone know why it's not recommended? Or anyone think the dealer or the importer may simply have given a mistaken answer?

My main goal would be to have less expense replacing tubes. I'd also save a little on electricity and it'd generate less heat I believe.

2. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul SUSPENDED

When it comes to tube amps don’t try to make something into something it’s not. Your matching to the load will be out of whack by a factor of three.