1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Running two pedal boards.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by CodeYbassboy, Jul 10, 2005.

1. I'm new at this sort of thing... I'm thinking of putting together a board with the pedals that I have that don't get any use with my main gig. I'm trying to think of a way to use both boards and then be able to switch between them.

So far I've come up with this: use some sort of splitter to split the signal of my bass onto both boards. Then I'd run the the boards into an A/B box, which would then go to my amp.

Is this correct, or is there a better way to do this that I'm missing out on?

2. Hurley

Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    I may be completely missing the point, but... how about just connecting the boards? All you'd need is a short cable.

3. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    A/B box sounds good to me.

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Why not just run them in series, one after the other. Why would you use an A/B which prevents you from using the pedals you always use along with a pedal you seldom use.

5. Tecx

Tecx Radio Rock Leads To Sterility

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    Thats what I used to do when I ran 2 boards... so +1..

Alex

6. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    if for some reason you do wish to have two separate loops, you could use a boss ls2 with no problems.