Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Running two pedal boards.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by CodeYbassboy, Jul 10, 2005.

1. I'm new at this sort of thing... I'm thinking of putting together a board with the pedals that I have that don't get any use with my main gig. I'm trying to think of a way to use both boards and then be able to switch between them.

So far I've come up with this: use some sort of splitter to split the signal of my bass onto both boards. Then I'd run the the boards into an A/B box, which would then go to my amp.

Is this correct, or is there a better way to do this that I'm missing out on?

2. Hurley

Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    I may be completely missing the point, but... how about just connecting the boards? All you'd need is a short cable.

3. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    A/B box sounds good to me.

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Why not just run them in series, one after the other. Why would you use an A/B which prevents you from using the pedals you always use along with a pedal you seldom use.

5. Tecx

Tecx Radio Rock Leads To Sterility

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    Thats what I used to do when I ran 2 boards... so +1..

Alex

6. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    if for some reason you do wish to have two separate loops, you could use a boss ls2 with no problems.