Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rush DVD's - 'Rush In Rio' or 'R30'?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by BassGod, Jan 20, 2006.

1. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    Hey Rush fans, of these two DVD's, which one would you say is the better concert? Which has the best special features, sound quality, overall performance, etc.?

I can only buy one, sadly, so I need some input. I don't wanna be stuck with the 'bad one', so some opinions would help.

Thanks,
    Graeme

2. Andy Brown

Andy Brown Supporting Member

Jul 23, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Founder: Wing Bass
    R30... hands down the better DVD.

3. Cougar207

Cougar207

Jun 17, 2005
    St. Charles, MO
    The mix on R30 is much better. Great DVD!

4. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I agree but the song selection on RiR is soo much better.

5. keb

keb

Mar 30, 2004
    That's a thoughie... they're both excellent. Flip a coin! ;)

6. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    "Between The Wheels" live. I'm done here... ;)

7. NOLA Bass

NOLA Bass Mr. Worst Case Scenario Man Gold Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2005
    New Orleans LA
    You really can't go wrong per say. I might say Rush in Rio because the tour was so significant after all of the time off. The bonus documentary is a big plus for sure as it follows Rush through the couple of days and shows in Brazil.

8. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    On both DVDs it says they play 2112. Do they actually play all twenty minutes of it, or just some parts of it? Also, is it hard to hear the bass on 'Rush In Rio'?

Graeme

9. The extras on R30 are worth the price of the whole thing. But, why choose? Get them both!

10. because he just said he couldnt ge tthem both , but ive seen live in rio and its not hard to hear the bass at all its quite good.

11. both great...but if i were to pick from the two i would pick "r30"....but then again "a show of hands" and "exit stage left" are both a must own

12. Buck Naked

Buck Naked

Jul 24, 2005
    Austin Texas
    R30. I just got it and I was really impressed. Geddy's voice has deepened a little over the years but still, who listens to Rush to hear Geddy Lee sing?