1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Rush fans: Want to be in a book about Rush fans?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by RushFanStories, Oct 25, 2013.

1. RushFanStories

RushFanStories

Oct 25, 2013
    Would you like to contribute to a forthcoming book about Rush fans? We're coming up on Rush's 40th anniversary. What better way to thank them for 40 years, 20 studio albums, 8 live albums, 37 music videos, 10 video albums, and 165 songs, then to tell them exactly what they've meant to you and how they've affected your life.

Fans of all types are desired to share their Rush stories with the rest of the world. Consider this your place to brag about what you've got, what you've done, and how lucky (and thankful!) you are. If you consider yourself a superfan, this book would probably not be complete without you. You are especially desired for additional information if:

> you've been attending Rush concerts since the 1970s
    > you've attended more than 25 Rush concerts
    > you've attended more than 10 Rush concerts in a single tour
    > you have an extensive Rush collection or items that are rare
    > you've attended more than one RushCon
    > you attended the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony from out-of-state
    > you play or have played in a Rush tribute band
    > you are an publisher who's also a Rush fan
    > you know of someone who falls into one or more of these categories

To start the submission process (or for more info), take the survey at http://rushfanstories.com.

2. Itzayana

Itzayana

Aug 15, 2012
    Oakland Ca
    Wow a book already? The movie just came out. Best race car movie ever.

3. George Mann

George Mann Banned

May 27, 2012
    Colorado
    You seriously need to get rid of these silly pre-qualifications.

4. nortonrider

nortonrider

Nov 20, 2007
    ^ It's his project, he can do it any way that he wants.

5. russpurdy

russpurdy

Apr 16, 2013
    I like Rush

6. I've never seen them live, only have had a few albums/8 tracks,/cassettes,/Cd's/mp3's, and no merch. :(

I do have 2 pictures taken in the early 70's by a friend at a concert. One of Geddy with the double neck Ricky, and one of Alex with the white LP. :smug:

7. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 29, 2008
    Colorado
    I Grow Organic Carrots
    Rush fans: Want to be in a book about Rush fans?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No

8. Casting Thunder

Casting Thunder

Oct 7, 2012
    And of course I, a second generation Rush don't count. [DEL]Eh I'm a 90s baby anyway who's favorite song is from Test for Echos, and I think Clockwork Angels was one of the best albums of 2012.[/DEL]

JKing 2112 is the song/record ever, but so is Moving Pictures; and Power Windows was their last album. See I am a Rush fan!

9. knumbskull

knumbskull

Jul 28, 2007
    UK
    Hmm strange that "you are a publisher" is on the list ;)

10. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    You forgot one rule:

> you have Rush as your avatar on TalkBass.