Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rush Feedback EP

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Judge, Sep 1, 2004.

1. Judge

Judge

Mar 26, 2004
    Dubai
    Recently saw the new Rush CD, but hesitated to buy it. Anyone listening to it? How's Geddy's bass playing on it?

2. I think it's awesome. It reminds me of Rush's first album.. really raw-sounding. Geddy's bass sounds great. I recommend it.

3. supermonkey

supermonkey

Mar 15, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Agree. Very cool bass sound. I like their approach on these tunes.

4. chris4001asat

chris4001asat

Dec 16, 2002
    Toledo, Ohio
    Warehouse Manager : Reverend Guitars
    I was disappointed. It does sound good, however, I thought they played real straight. If it wasn't for Geddy's voice, I wouldn't have known who it was

5. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    That is exactly why it's so good. I find nothing as refreshing as hearing a band outside of their usual genre. I wish they would do another cover album!

6. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    I think it's great. I haven't heard a disc that made me feel so...happy, without being cheesy, in a long time.

7. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    I love it because it's "Just Rush Enough" - they didn't change any sections (to the best of my knowledge), they played it straight with just enough of their own individual sounds and styles to add a touch of themselves.

Plus, it's damn good summer album to crank in your car with the windows rolled down. :D

8. Could not have been said any better. with all the weak music out there today this was the most refreshing thing to come around, my only complaint is why there arent more songs!!

On the Sars benefit DVD, where they played with the Stones, the do a short version of Paint it Black then go into Spirit of the radio, they also do Limelight and Freewill. sound wise Geddys bass sond s a lot better than the Rio DVD, this time there is somne beef to it.