Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rush for recording...

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by raised_fist, Aug 12, 2003.

1. raised_fist

raised_fist Guest

Dec 16, 2002
    Hey guys,
    Okay I am playing a Spector Europeon Bolt-on, with the EMG-Hz pickups. I recently decided to to jam some EMG DC's in there as well. The store I bought them at had to order them in (I live in Australia), and only the bridge pickup has come in in time. You see, my band is recording tomorrow night, and the guys in the store said that if I want I can just drop the bass off in the morning and in 2 hours he can install the bridge pickup, and just leave the EMG-Hz at the neck position. Basically, I am not that well educated in the feild of pickups, so I wanted your guys opinions on whether or not it would be worth doing? Generally, what would it sound like, one EMG DC and one EMG-Hz?
    Or should I just stick with the 2 Hz until after I have recorded?
    Thanks guys, I would greatly appreciate some help on this one, as I always stress when we get closer to recording:D

2. FBB Custom

FBB Custom TalkBass Pro Commercial User

Jan 26, 2002
    Maryland
    Owner: FBB Bass Works
    The impedances of these two pickups will not match. The Hz is a high impedance pickup and the DC is low impedance. You will not be able to blend these pickups with good results. You do NOT want an impedance mismatch for the studio.

I recommend that you wait for the other DC to arrive. I do like the sound of the EMG DCs, though.

3. raised_fist

raised_fist Guest

Dec 16, 2002
    awesome, thanks man! I think you are right and I will take your advice:)