1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Rush got screwed again.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by stratovani, Dec 7, 2011.

1. I'll spare you the gory details, which I'm sure all of you know by now. Needless to say, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame will never even see a penny of mine. :mad:

2. They pick the ones they like, not the ones the audience likes. Learn to live with that.

3. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 20, 2004
    Madison WI
    HPF Technology LLC
    Maybe Rush won't agree to the terms. I'm sure that the hall of fame has to get permission before using a band's trademarks and copyrights.

4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I don't know the details, and I'm afraid to search for "Rush screwed again". :)

-Mike

5. Texan

Texan 667 Neighbor of the Beast. Supporting Member

Aug 15, 2004
    Houston, TX
    As Eddie Trunk says, it the Rock and Roll Hall of SHAME. I will never go there.

6. MiJaKo

MiJaKo

Oct 27, 2010
    Rochester, NY
    They have THE worst notion of what rock is anyway.

7. Wait, you actually gave a crap about the rock and roll hall of LAME in the first place? Dude, even the Sex Pistols knew it was a load of crap. THE SEX PISTOLS.

8. Bassist Jay

Bassist Jay

Dec 28, 2009
    Sterling, CO.
    Endorsed by K.B. Guitars, Nordstrand Audio Pickups, Von York Strings and Gallien-Krueger Amps.
    Rush should definitely be in there. Same with many other greats who have contributed to the music industry. Ernie Ball should be in there as well. Maybe not as a musician but for what he has contributed to the industry.

9. I know, I know! But all the bands from my youth are in there, from The Beatles to The Who, and Rush deserves to take their rightful place among them.

10. cjmodulus

cjmodulus

Jul 15, 2010
    Has anyone else noticed they have a bias against progressive rock bands? The only one in there that I'm aware of is genesis, and they were only progressive for part of their career before going more arena rock/pop.
    But If they have grandmaster flash and the furious 5, they could manage to squeeze in rush, no? :eyebrow:

11. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Whew! I thought this was going to be about Rush Limbaugh, and someone was destined to be banned.

12. ryco

ryco

Apr 24, 2005
    At least Small Faces/Faces FINALLY Made it in!!!

... but GNR?? They had like what .... 1 major album? and even that was still mostly filler?? c'mon....

Yeah --- Rush shoulda been in there long ago!!!

13. It should be called the Hall of Farce.

14. Hi.

LOL.

It's kinda cute when US folks get pissed off when the American dream doesn't quite work in their favour.

It's kinda sad as well...

IMHO anyway.

Regards
    Sam

15. superfunk47

superfunk47

Sep 9, 2007
    I think it would be more of an insult to induct them now.

16. Jawbone

Jawbone

Jul 15, 2010
    Humboldt County
    Don't let it get to you. Some of the best bands of all time aren't in the RARHOF.

The RARHOF is one of the biggest fakes and least credible organizations on the planet - bar none!

17. Now you know why I've never liked the RARHOF. Rush are one of the tightest, most credible and talented bands going who've sustained a career over almost 40 years and who are always gaining new fans and new listening. All of these things are alien to the people who run that organisation.

18. Yeah nobody gives a crap about the Rock and Roll hall of shame it holds no credibility. I thought it to be a great idea in the beginning but went quickly downhill and became another American Idol deal.

19. Yerf Dog

Yerf Dog

Jun 29, 2009
    Carol Stream, IL
    Rush-Again.

20. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Rush is a nerdy band with no sex appeal. They don't fit the image that Rock 'n Roll HOF wants to promote. Guys want to steal their licks. Girls have never wanted to give them licks.