Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rush MP3s

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by jimmysquid, Oct 12, 2000.

1. jimmysquid

jimmysquid

Jul 5, 2000
    Hey Bassheads,

Does anyone know a good site where I can download Rush MP3's(other than Napster)? I tried that "Rare Rush MP3's" or whatever it is but my computer at work doesn't like it and craps out. Are there any others?

I need a Rush fix! And I can't get it! Grrrrrrrrr!

Peace

2. Acacia

Acacia

Apr 26, 2000
    Austin, TX
    you could always go buy the cds. :rolleyes: :D

3. hogani

hogani

Jul 3, 2000
    Austin, TX
  4. jimmysquid

jimmysquid

Jul 5, 2000
    Well well well. I'll just have to pull out my ten gallon hat now won't I. I should have known a post about Geddy Lee would have pulled Hogani out of the woodwork! How's Austin? If you see Shawn Colvin give her a kiss from me. BTW I too can a recommend a site for you my Pakistani friend to check out. It's http://www.pullmyfinger.com. and another good one is http://www.tomgeartydresses.com. and lastly http://www.geddyfartsinyourgeneraldirection.com

Hey did you check out the clever post from Acadia where he recommends that "I go out and buy the CD's"(guffaw, guffaw!)? I guess that I should have explained to the trigger happy members of talk.bass that I do own an extensive collection of Rush cd's (sound of Hogani gritting his teeth) and that I was posting from work where I.....anyone? anyone? don't have my CD's and do not have the freedom to leave work to go home and get them. Conventional wisdom sugggests that it would be STUPID and a huge waste of money to go buy CD's that I already have. But thanks for your ray of brilliance there Arcadia.

Now exactly what is the job of the moderators?

5. Acacia

Acacia

Apr 26, 2000
    Austin, TX
    who's Arcadia? :D

my post was written in sheer sacrcasm. relax. or don't. whatever.

I too, own a good collection of RUSH CDs, everything upto and including power windows. whatever, i'm wasting my time here.

Dave, thanx for that link. some purely cool stuff there.

6. They're back in the studio!!!!!!! Yee-Haw.
    And 11 days 'till Geddy's solo album comes out.

7. Acacia

Acacia

Apr 26, 2000
    Austin, TX
    who does geddy have with him on it?

8. hogani

hogani

Jul 3, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Your response had me laughing out loud. That is too funny.

On the topic of Shawn Colvin, I have never actually seen her, like buying bananas or walking her dog or something. Maybe she has an elaborate disguise, like she and Larry Klein walk around town in one of those 2-man horse costumes.

Take care.

Bill

9. hogani

hogani

Jul 3, 2000
    Austin, TX
    People in the grocery store say, "There is that odd horse buying bananas again".

10. hogani

hogani

Jul 3, 2000
    Austin, TX
    And Acacia, I can vouch for JS's Rush collection. He has them all. Compilations, obscure solo projects. Several doubles just to throw extra some ducats to poor Alex. In fact, during the Power Windows tour, Jimmy Squid once lept like a puma from the Centrum b section, onto the floor to disable an odious bootlegger.

11. hogani

hogani

Jul 3, 2000
    Austin, TX
    And I am delighted to learn that if you say something in sheer sarcarsm, you are deemed beyond reproach. I am afraid I many times only employ demi-sarcasm; I don't think immunity extends that far.

12. jimmysquid

jimmysquid

Jul 5, 2000
    You had to bring up that incident at the Centrum, didn't you Hogani.

I had to close out of talkbass I was laughing so hard at the horse costume line.

Pakistan is a lesser place without you!
    Fight the power!

You indeed guilty of demi-sarcasm!

13. Sean,
    Geddy's solo album has several guests on it, not all of whom I can remember right now, but he's definitely got Matt Cameron from Soundgarden on drums and Jeremy Taggart from Our Lady Peace playing guitar.. not sure if those two are on all the tracks.
    I can't wait to hear this record. I just hope it's as good as "Victor," Alex Lifeson's solo record from a few years ago. That is one of the most criminally underappreciated rock albums ever, IMHO.

14. Then lock me up and throw away the key! I did not like that album at all. My wife, who may just be the only person I know that's a bigger Rush fan than me, also hates it.

I downloaded the new Geddy tune, and was a little skeptical about that, too.

What am I missing? Am I just a pompous ass? ;)

15. On "Victor".. you're not missing anything, man.. it's just not your taste. I appreciate and respect that 100%. I just love that record.. I mean, that chick vocalist he had on there, her voice is more annoying that early 70's Geddy, but the music on there I thought was super-cool.
    What would you liken the Geddy tune to? I haven't heard it.

16. jimmysquid

jimmysquid

Jul 5, 2000
    Hey Sean,

Sorry for getting a hothead. With email it's sometimes hard to tell whether someone's making a dig or just kidding around. I think that was a 10 coffee day at the office so I was a little edgy.

As far as Ged's new CD I read that Ben Mink(elec. violin on "Losing It") was very involved too.

So Stingray5 you've heard one of the tunes? Let's get some feedback. The fact that you're holding back on a review makes me a little nervous.

17. Dave, Maybe that was it, the vocals. I'll have to give it a listen again. (If my wife will allow it! ;)

As far as the Geddy tune, I only listened once and on little pc speakers at that so don't get scared. Yet. Instead, check it out and let me know what you think.

http://www.ghostland.com/ghostland/thenews.asp#geddy

For me I think it's just not the same without Neil on the drums. I had the same reaction trying to get into Fish's solo stuff. The voice was there, but without Marillion playing the music it just wasn't the same. Guess I am just a spoiled brat!

18. Stingray5, thnks for the link. I am at work so I couldn't crank it, but I thought it was pretty cool.. good groove. I've always been a big fan of Matt Cameron's drumming. I'm sure Geddy was going for a different feel with his solo stuff, and changing drummers is the surest way to get a different feel. I'm looking forward to hearing more.

19. Very true. And believe me, I'll still be first in line at the record store Nov 14 when the door opens. :D

OK, well, maybe there won't be a LINE...